7X13 The Name Of The Doctor(Grading/Discussion)(SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, May 18, 2013.

?

Grade "The Name Of The Doctor"

Poll closed Jun 27, 2013.
  1. Merlin

111 vote(s)
    72.1%
  2. Radagast the brown

30 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. Barty crouch jr

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Destro

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  5. Malekith

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

If the Sontarans can invade Gallifrey then I'd say the Daleks are a decent foe for the Timelords, dangerous enough that the Timelords wanted to erase them from existance by sedind the 4th Doctor to ensure they barely made it past the drawing board. Besides the Daleks have had time travel since the time of the 1st Doctor which makes them a heck of a threat.

2. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, it's a new idea. I like that.

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I like ideas as much as the next guy but what when it contradicts (or simply doesn't line up with) a long history or said long history doesn't show any indication of such a thing happened (during a time when it was suppose to happen).

4. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Contradicting old ideas is what new ideas do. :shrug:

In my opinion, the Master is a terrible character, and anything that gives him a little substance is welcome.

5. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Master is awesome in The Deadly Assassin, Logopolis, Castrovalva and Survival. Uh, that's about it.

If I were in charge I'd bring the Meddling Monk back. Much better character.

6. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I ret-con it as something that has always been there in a more subdued manner. The sound he heard when there was silence, a reminder of whatever he saw in the void and causing his more subtle and creeping insanity. When the Time Lords brought him back for the war, they brought him back 'wrong' and the drumming was now the ever-present and maddening sound he describes it as. By the time we meet Simm's Master it had been pounding in his mind for so long that he forgot a time when it wasn't.

7. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If the next person to write The Master has any sense they'll forget the drumming. Doesn't even make sense in the context of what RTD put it there for. Hearing drums makes you wanna kill innocent people? Da fuck?

The Sontarans invade for like 5 minutes before being stopped :p.

8. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't remember it from About Time, but Russell T Davies himself said in Doctor Who Magazine that the drums must have been particularly loud on the day The King's Demons happened.

About Time 7, which will cover Series 1 & 2 (2005-06) will be out this September: http://madnorwegian.com/713/books/s...authorized-guide-to-doctor-who-series-1-to-2/

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

True, but they do gain a beachead on Gallifrey, and if they can do that what could the Daleks (who are clearly more advanced than Sontarans) do?

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was anticipation.

The Doctor assumed the worst, and let things play out just in case he was completely outguned, outwitted and outmatched...

Imagine his surprise when it just turned out to be the Sontarans.

Once he knew the face of the enemy, the all too familiar enemy, he could counter them easily.

11. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Actually, that part makes sense. Imagine having to listen to the same sound nonstop for a very long time. Or just imagine having to listen to a sound for an hour, like a jackhammer running nonstop outside your office or a car alarm outside your home when you're trying to sleep. That irritation builds up into something over a period of time, especially if you can't get rid of it.

About time (pun unavoidable)!

12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I doubt the Zygons are going to be integral to the 50th. When we meet up with Tennant, he'll probably be in the middle of an adventure involving Zygons which will be probably be interupted by the arrival of Smith and Hurt.

13. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Eh...The Master is a Drama Queen. It was a frackin' Ear Infection. All he had to do was have The Doctor give him some Antibiotics, and that pounding in his ears would've cleared up in a couple days :rolleyes:

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did the Master meet Rasilon in the 5 Doctors?

16. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the last changes went in two weeks ago - Tat was a little irritated that he'd have to second-guess anything that might be relevant in the last couple of episodes rather than being able to refer to it properly...

17. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He had been punched by the Brigadier and then "hog tied" by the time the "interactive image" of Rassilon manifested, but the Master may have been awake.

Sincerely,

Bill

18. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes and no. He was bound and gagged (by the Brigadier) by the time Rassilon materialised, but clearly conscious, so he'll have heard everything that happened. Then Rassilon sent him home at the end ("His sins will find their punishment in due time").

19. VDCNI

VDCNI Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well it must have been one of the later ones - the 80's one or the second edition of the Pertwee. It was only a passing comment.

Unless I've completely made it up!

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Plus, ya know, they're wibbly-wobbly timey-whimey drums. That shit'll mess you up. :p