How I Met Your Mother: The Final Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by ryan123450, Sep 2, 2013.

1. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally a decent episode!
    Hopefully it won't be the last one this season.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The running gag about the ring bear. :)

Did we see Linus this week?

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, this is screaming for a great pay-off.

I liked Lilly's reaction to Ted claiming the wedding gift mastery in the flashback, which would be before they resolved that story earlier.:lol:

4. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

That was my favorite moment of the episode too. If this show does one thing well, it's continuity. Of course this episode did a lot of things well.

At first I was annoyed at Barney's attitude, sometimes to go for a cheap joke the writer's will write Barney as if he's twelve, but at least this time his annoying attitude had a purpose...and after a while I figured it was too over the top to not be a put on. It wasn't as neat of a reveal as Barney;s proposal, but it was sweet and further proved that these two do make a good couple.

I also liked that we finally saw why Lily is upset about Marshall taking the Judgeship, she believes it means Italy is out of the question. It's very telling of the kind of person Lily is that she believes Marshall's dreams are more important then hers. I wonder if the writers are going to explore this at all.

Since this was the last episode before winter hiatus, I was hoping we'd see the Mother finally show up to the INN, but I suppose you can't have everything.

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Slapsgiving 3, coming this January to CBS!

The mother continues to impress and live up to the reputation that was set up for her over the last 8 seasons. I loved how she was messing with Marshall with all that psychic stuff.

6. Guy Gardener

Linus deserves to win the lottery in the final episode.

Wait?

The "sequel" is going to be primed by people at this Inn in the final episode.

Is Linus part of the new gang?

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Another excellent episode and one of the better ones this season, for the substantial Mother screen time and her indirect connection to Ted. Also, Darren the Devil was hilarious. And Marshall finally showed up! About time!

8. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I keep waiting for them to reveal her name. I know it will probably be an episode that is hyped to death so by the time we actually watch it everyone and their (heh) mother will know the name will be finally revealed.

Anyways, I loved the hell out of this episode, I love how Ted's actions indirectly lead to the Mother staying (and Marshall's pep talk, of course). I just love, love, love how it's all falling into place.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Surely we'll get her name in the 200th episode which stars her... There's no way they could do an entire episode from her POV without using her name. Unless they bleep it out like Kill Bill Vol 1 :lol:

10. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great episode. I would say that they couldn't get any closer than that, but we still haven't seen them in the same room together all night at the reception and still never meet. Very glad that Marshall arrived and I'm loving all the callbacks to old stuff. It is only going to get better and batter from here on out.

11. EnderAKH

EnderAKH Commodore Premium Member

Did anyone else notice that she was wearing driving gloves?

12. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I've seen a lot of people on the IMDB boards complaining that she's too much like Ted. But isn't that kind of the point? The one person he's going to finally want to settle down with is going to be this woman that totally "gets" him. True it doesn't always work out that way in real life, but than again HIMYM isn't exactly real life either, and quite frankly I'm happy that Ted is finally going to get his happy ending.

13. Guy Gardener

I think she's too much like Lily, which just means that he has always secretly wanted Lily.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I did always find it funny that Ted never showed the slightest bit of romantic interest in Lily. I guess he's just too loyal to Marshall?

15. Darth Duck

Darth Duck Commodore Commodore

Yes, that was delightful. I'm really liking what we're seeing of her.

16. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe he's just not attracted to her.

17. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

They made out in college, before Lily met Marshall. Except they didn't. The show was rather ambiguous on that point. The epilogue didn't help. Blah Blah Blah ruined it for everyone.

18. Nociod

Nociod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Enjoyable episode.

Regarding the last scene
    Who else thinks that the final slap will be used on Marshall himself? That's the vibe I got out of it. He will slap himself so hard that his face will be blue on the wedding photograph :p

19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Makes sense, Marshall's wedding gift to Barney

20. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was really hoping for Ted to ask who the drink came from and Linus to point to the mother, across the bar.