Alexandra Luthor? Lex female in movie

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Surely the correct way of looking at it is that there has been idle talk in the tabloids etc of a female Bond for nearly 30 years and its never happened! That's a long way from saying that it will happen, much less than it will happen for an entirely different franchise and character.

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The people that want Bond to be female fail to understand the point the character. The Bond movies are wish fulfillment fantasies for the male audience, so making the character female defeats the purpose.

If female Bond sleeps with every guy she meets, I see much of the audience being put off the character. A women sleeping with a dozen guys is not as cool as a man sleeping with a dozen women. :lol:

Very glad Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and Iron Man have the word MAN in their titles. We don't with have to deal with this gender changing nonsense with them. :p

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I would have no problem if someone invented a female character who kicked ass like Bond and slept around like he did. I just don't want them calling her Jane Bond or Jamie Bond. Why change an iconic character's gender for the sake of it?

For as long as I remember, there've been occasional silly season stories that Sharon Stone, Catherine Zeta-Jones or whoever will be starring as a female James Bond in the next 007 movie. I don't see it ever happening, much less beig inevitable.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gender is inherent in the character of Bond, I think. It's one of the few essentials. Bond must be a British male who is a secret agent and who sleeps with pretty much every woman he meets. Anything else is up for grabs. (Race, for example. A black Bond would not violate a stitch of canon that I'm aware of.)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Most posters dismissed the idea without comment and drifted off into other topics.