Official Smallville Season Eight Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ Wayne Hall is Temis the Vorta?

Also, CW probably has a lot more money than the Sci-Fi channel. If Smallville was ever in danger of being canned due to expense issues, we would not be looking at season 8 right now.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You're talking about John Byrne's Man of Steel from circa 1985 when DC was rebuilding from the events of Crisis on INfinite Earths which was still happening... Followed up of course in World of Krypton which told a story from a while before the fall. Recently (5years?) Mark Waid reorigined Clark and even tot he point that Clark and lex met as Kids which is a pleasant read and Superman 200, a sort of anniversary story has Superman getting lost in the time vortex and memories of Krypton from precrisis, man of Steel and birth right are vying for position as his dominant character as his personality shuffles. Although you have to wonder what the hell is going on since Krypto was recovered from a time travel incident in 2002ish into Post CRisis Krypton which is just alarming to say the least if you forget about hypertime or accept that there are not yet 52 Earths.

Funny enough Richard Donner just finished writing an arc where Clark adopts Zods kid, and Richard was completely drawing upon his movie for his law while the artist was drawing upon the new movie for his impression of Clark among other aspects....

(whew.)

i can imagine what the kara show as a cross between Ally McBeal and Just Shoot Me with just a flake of Sex and the City thrown in for good measure, if the producers manage to arraqnge a spinoff with everyones contracts reset to zero.

3. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I firmly believe that this will be the final season because of cost issues relating to the series itself.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Just watch it get the announcement that it's canceled 4 weeks in and Smallville scrambling to give a decent send off in the time they have left to film

6. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

^
    The only way that would happen is if the CW is terminated. Of course, that's not out of the realm of possibilities either.

7. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Captain Captain

There is only one spoiler I want to hear. In which episode will Clark take on the suit?

8. Samurai8472

Probably never if Welling has a say

-He doesn't want to wear the suit

-He doesn't want to wear the glasses

It's like Welling is a real Clark Kent who doesn't want to accept his destiny as Superman.

9. Guy Gardener

You don't think Smallville couldn't figure out how to keep making product if their budget was halved? It's not like they have integrity or standards that they couldn't whimsily justify massive plot alteration and cast shaving? Smallville is a whore working on a sliding scale.

10. Samurai8472

*slaps forehead* ofcourse! Acuvue, Ford, Toyota, Trident Gum, Verizon we thank you!;)

An old castmember returns

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Exactly. I think if we see Superman in this series he'll be CGI and flying away from the camera.

12. Guy Gardener

Like in the 50s live show where they used cartoons to show flight?

13. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

^No, that was the '40s movie serials. George Reeves really flew.

14. Samurai8472

they'll blow all the money on the series finale for a 2 second shot of Welling with the suit CGI'd over him

or some quick flyby with the \S/ zooming into the camera with a fade to black

15. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Or maybe the last shot will be Clark moping in the Fortress while a melancholy pop song plays....

16. Guy Gardener

He's going to rebuild the fortress? Now that's shit.Unless you mean he's going to start calling his loft a fortress again?

Black eyeliner and cuts up and down his arm.

The Legion needs to kick his ass until he takes responsibility for the future.

17. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I guess a lazy ending, is Clark going to the future with them.

18. Guy Gardener

He always used to.

Considering they could send him back the instant he left, and back in the 70s they used to wipe his memory before he went back, although from John's buddy session between kal and Lightning lad a couple months back, I'd assume that he got his memories back if they were evert taken considering according to man of Steel these things never happened... It was all a pocket dimension deception from the Time trapper where the legion met a fake Superboy... According to Byrne that is.

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Maybe they'll combine Superman and the Legion of Superheroes cartoon in a way and the Legion simply gets a blood sample to clone him...

20. Guy Gardener

That cartoon hasn't finished it's run down here. Did that kid turn into Bizarro in the end?