Are many of you going to "spoil" yourselves next week?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by themadhatter, Apr 18, 2013.

1. GMDreia

GMDreia Commander Red Shirt

I am already way way spoiled to the degree that apparently I already know the whole plot of the movie. I'm a little disappointed - not in being spoiled, but that the spoilers appear to fit my expectations so well, and I was hoping for some kind of big shock or reveal.

Thing is, in various communities I'm in, various people had already pieced together the exact plot and several plot points from the trailers... as early as December.

For all the insistence upon secrecy, Abrams didnt do a very good job. I really was hoping that there would be more disinformation than there was.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I lasted all of ten minutes once spoilers started coming out. :rofl:

3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Such lack of faith. I don't believe any of us did any such thing! :lol:

Nope! I had a great time!

Now, if i hadn't scored a ticket...

So you could all yell, "Lies! Lies! You told us lies!"? :lol:

4. GMDreia

GMDreia Commander Red Shirt

LOL, it's more that I've hung around here and Trekmovie the whole time and some people basically pieced together the entire plot as early as December.

The disappointment isn't that JJ was playing a game with us, but that he wasn't playing more of one! That might've been fun. :)

I'm a very genre-savvy movie goer and I'm coming to be expected to be taunted more and more by the directors.

5. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

No-win scenario for JJ.

6. KirkusOveractus

KirkusOveractus Commodore Commodore

I'm the kind who can read spoilers and still see the movie without it being ruined. To me, reading about it and seeing it are separate things and the visual execution can be wonderful in and of itself. For example, I read the shooting script of TUC a week before seeing it, but it still had great impact when I saw it.

I did read the IMDB stuff and all, but didn't see anyone mention the very ending of the movie, so there will still be a surprise for me.

7. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

I wasn't planning on reading major spoilers (I usually studiously avoid them as I've mentioned elsewhere) but I decided to make an exception this time because it's been too much fun to watch the usual suspects react for me to pass up.

And the spoilers don't scare me off. I'm a touch disappointed about Harrison's identity (I'd hoped for him as a set up for Khan in the third film, but it's no big deal). As for the supposed "plot holes" and "magic this, that and the other"--has anyone complaining about these things ever actually watched a Star Trek film or TV episode?

8. Dane_Whitman

Dane_Whitman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Anyone care to shed some spoilerish light on this?

9. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

It was simply a case of color-blind casting. Cumberbatch gave the best performance and got the role. Plus, he is an up and coming star so there's that to factor in for audience appeal.