F1 2013 Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Lonemagpie, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Geckothan

Geckothan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

HAHAHA Christian Horner is going to be pissed! I bet he was so looking forward to Merc getting a race ban or WCC exclusion or something, so this verdict must be like a big slap in the face to him. It's not like he hasn't been asking for it, with all the crap Red Bull have gotten away with over the years.

2. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

why? he's not involved in this in any way.

how does a story about mercedes and pirelli turn into a 'slap in the face' for redbull?

Yes finally Christian Horner gets what he deserves, Mercedes missing a young driver test! Eh?! (seriously wtf are you on about?)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Obviously some of the other teams might disagree with the findings of the tribunal but that is often the case. But a red line should be put under it and they should all move on.

4. Geckothan

Red Bull are one of the teams that made the original complaint, and not only was Christian Horner one of the most vocal of the whiners, but he was also at the tribunal himself the other day, telling the press outside about how he thinks Merc should get a proper sporting penalty (e.g. points deductions, exclusions, bans, etc), or at least, that's what he seemed to be implying behind the slimy PR-speak. It's a slap in the face for him because he didn't get what he wanted, and those Red Bull clowns always get butthurt when they don't get their own way.

5. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well one thing is for certain, if any other team tried a test like this in the future they would get a serve penalty. One thing for sure is that the FIA will tighten up the wording of the regulations or add a subsection.

6. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

Ah well that's that out the way.

Bring on the next race! Go Vettel! I want to see that finger in the air! Red bull don't have to cheat when the competition's so lacklustre!

(i may as well try to balance this thread with some pro-redbullery)

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Yep Silverstone in just over a week and the British Grand Prix. Hopefully it'll be a British winner but unless the weather mpacts on it, the best we can hop for is a Brit on the podium, though if a Brit can't win it I'd much rather Webber win it than Vettel.

Will McLaren continue their slide down the grid?

Will Force INdia not screw up qualifiyng for Di Resta?

Have Mercedes made any progress on their tyre wear?, the car is easily as fast as the Red Bull if not fractionally faster if not for tyre wear.

Will Grosjean have any incident filled weekend, sorry that's incident free weekend?

Can Kimi bring the Lotus home to the top stop?

8. Geckothan

Ideal result would be a Hamilton win, with either Alonso or Kimi on the podium alongside Webber (with Vettel DNFing for the lol-factor).

9. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Ideal would be Hamilton, Di Resta and Button (in that order)an all British Podium with the likes of Vettel and Alonoso not socring to close up the Championship a bit more. But ain't going to happen.

10. Geckothan

True, an all British podium would be awesome, but closing the gap in the points is more important in the long run. Di Resta is overdue a podium though, so maybe that podium I suggested with Di Resta instead of Webber would be the best result (with Webber in fourth and Vettel DNF).

Have you heard the sound clip of the 2014 Renault engine yet? Maybe the recording is a big crap (or maybe the rig they ran it in isn't representative of how it would sound in a car), but it doesn't sound good at all anyway. Very dull and lifeless. Of course nothing will top the sound of the high-revving V10s (and to a lesser extent, the V8s) that we've got used to over the last couple of decades, but even the 80s turbo engines sound better than the new one, so it's not the turbo or lower revs that are bothering me. Maybe a better quality clip will change my mind.

Anyway, watching Le Mans right now :)

11. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Though I suspect that the grid for the British GP will be much the same as it has been for the last few races, with Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull taking up the first six spots. Unless Lotus or Force India can upset the mix. Unless McLaren have a major update that will improve their car for Silverstone.

12. Geckothan

Well, that wasn't exactly a classic Le Mans was it?

RIP Allan Simonsen

13. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

thought that renault 2014 sounded like the indycar turbo engines but somehow even blander :/

14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Rumour has it Red Bull are threatening to test

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1...-their-own-private-test-afte-testgate-ruling-

If Red Bull think they would escape with only a reprimand they are deluding themselves.

If they did and I were the FIA I would throw the book at them, for blatantly breaking the rules. With the recent Mercedes and Pierelli rulling the FIA were partially found to be a t fault hence why they are paying a third of the costs. This would not be the case if Red Bull did a test.

15. Geckothan

They're throwing their toys out of the pram as usual. BUTTHURT LOL

16. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Webber OUT of F1 at the end of the season :(

17. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23074108

Can't say that I'm surprised really, given the incidents that Webber and Vettel have had over the years and hpow RBR have treat Webber at times.

The question is who replaces him?

Kimi
    One of the Toro Rosso drivers
    Who else is there really? Di Resta perhaps

18. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll put my money on Kimi.

19. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

The question who then replaces Kimi at Lotus? I can't see Grosjean being the lead driver at Lotus he's made far too many mistakes as is lucky still to have a race seat. So who in the field could replace Kimi at Lotus.?

20. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

If Vettel has any say on who replaces Webber, I don't think he'd welcome Kimi's competition and wouldn't want him there. I'd like to see Kimi trounce him in the same car, though.