The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Yeah, unless Martinez and the others took revenge for it and killed them. Rick's group is hamstrung by the fact that they care about each others' well being. Rick and Daryl dying wouldn't be good for the long term health of our favorite survivors.

2. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Unfortunately I agree - along with
    Judith, probably trying to flee with her like Lori did in the comics. I think Judith's death is almost certain just because it'd be so shocking and neatly deals with the "how do we raise a baby?" question.
    . But I really hope that doesn't happen, cause it'd be cheap and I'd like to see a little more development from her.

After Beth I'd have to say Herschel, then Carol (who could actually take Beth's place in the scenario above). Merle and Andrea both I could see not making it, but I think Andrea's safer since she's been such a major character this season. I'm assuming based on next week's preview that Tyrese and Sasha are coming back in the picture, so... dude and his son, whatever their names were... are probably goners.

I'm behind on the comics - last I read
    they were trying to adjust to being in some town... Alexandria, I think? How far back is that now?

I'm laughing at the superior intellect. :lol:

3. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

It was not so easy. Anyone would--or should expect the governor to have more backup around than Martinez and the butler, so attacking at that moment would seem like a disaster waiting to happen.

4. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Rick is smart enough to know that the Governor is just not going to let them go, but I think a piece of him wants to be it as simple as handing over Michonne = peace.

I love Herschel. I laughed so hard when he said that Milton had to buy him a drink.

I have enjoyed the past two eps quite a lot, but now that they have a home base, they need to start stockpiling food and medical supplies.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is everyone saying Beth because she's the most disposable?

Maybe they returned to Woodbury in other vehicles? :)

Yeah, you may be right but it seemed like it might have been a worthwhile idea to explore.

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Wow, no point in conversely with civility, apparently

7. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I agree, the Governor needs to die. The question is, will it be Andrea with a knife or one of Rick's group with a well placed bullet?

8. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or Milton? Or Martinez? Or will the townsfolk get all righteous on his ass and dump him in an empty zombie trap and let him wait for the inevitable?

Mark

9. TREK_GOD_1

If the governor met his end that way, it would be the biggest cheer-inducing moment in WD history. Bigger than Rick killing Shane.

10. TREK_GOD_1

I think the governor will be the victim of an amputation...but not of his hands, arms, legs.....

Not operating from spoilers or anything of that nature, but I can see that happening to him at the hands of Maggie, Michonne, or Andrea. I think its almost a sure thing a woman will be the agent of his downfall.

11. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's going to have to be a princple that kiills of the Governor because we as the viewer just aren't emotionally invested in the townsfolk IMO. They are simply background noise to the main part of the story and the characters.

12. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Infraction for flaming. Comments to PM

13. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not too familiar with the comic, but isn't the Governor supposed to, like, hang around a while? From all the hype, I got the impression he was the chief villain of the series or something.

Not that I'd have a problem with him dying at the end of this season. He's a great villain, but at least in the TV version I'm not sure this conflict can really go on much longer before it starts to gets tired.

14. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the comic, he was around for 21 issues, starting in issue 27 and ending in issue 48. the book is currently on issue 108. The prison storyline was one of the most popular of the comic series because of the Governor, and his impact as a villain was big, but he was not the main villain of the entire series.

I think the current villain in the comic makes the Governor look like a cuddly puppy.

15. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Andrea's a fool!

I don't like Martinez that much, but he and Daryl were bonding nicely, agreeing that, regardless of what they want, it "will be decided" that they go to war. Maybe Martinez won't be so bad? Now that he sees these guys as individuals, mightn't he turn on the Governor? He seems less gung-ho than just an episode or two ago.

Still don't know why they don't just kill zombies at the fence of the prison. They can thin the herd a bit, and if things get settled with the Governor, they can repair the fence and use the grassy area for crops. They're gonna need food.

16. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

because then you couldn't have all those dramatic shots of them broodily looking over a field of zombies. Or driving by them when they enter the prison.

17. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

they are afraid to be out in the open do to fear of snipers, otherwise they would have fixed the fence.

Also, I want the governor to be around next season, David Morresy does such a great job portrating him.

18. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

That can't be it. He doesn't have any principles. :devil:

19. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Re: "CLEAR" SUCKED

You know, you and I have never quite seen eye to eye, Whettestone, and even now I find I am completely in no way shape or form agreeing with anything you bring up here; your obsessiveness with attention to detail completely overrides what little (if any) storytelling sensibility you may possess but again - that's your right.

Really the only thing I object to in your overlong post is the use of the word "gay" as a pejorative. We're all --yes, even you-- better than that and it would be a LOT easier to consider what you have to say if you could tone down the vitriol and the needless swipe against a whole subset of our population in the real world just because you don't like something that happened on a tv show in a fictional world.

20. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah ok, thanks.