Starbase Studios. A TOS fan film studio for everyone.

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by x32, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Oh, no.... How bad? Any damage report?

2. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They have some photos on their Facebook page...it's not good...

3. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Was sorry to hear this. I saw the pictures a little while ago. Looks terrible.

4. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They are sounding positive about the repairs and have actually started filming again on a limited basis.

The bridge isn't back together yet, but the worst part seems to be that they lost 5 computers in the flood.

5. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

Ouch, losing computers is always a pain. They may want to look into either putting them in tubs or mounting them higher up in future.

6. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

What Starbase Studios has done, is proven that a group of people can dedicate themselves to a part of fan filmmaking, helping dozens of other groups.

Now that TTI is completed, and is, in my opinion, of the great Star Trek Fan Films (no, I didn't feel that way about it when it was incomplete) this is a wonderful way to both honor that effort and build a future on it.

7. Mark R. Largent

Mark R. Largent Ensign Red Shirt

I really hate to here this. I drove up for their open house a couple of months ago. Really nice folks and I had a blast walking around the bridge set. They'd done an amazing job with it. Couldn't stop smiling while I was there.

8. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Sorry I haven't kept up with this forum. There is new news to be shared.

Yes, we did have a flood a few weeks ago with water reaching a little over a foot deep. Good news is it drained fast so the damage wasn't near what it could have been. We did loose a few computers and will have to rebuild the bridge island platforms but most of the cleanup is done. A volunteer who has a carpet cleaning business cleaned the bridge carpets for free, so big thank you to him.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The last pic is flooding in the new Sickbay set which is back up to filming condition and even added to since the flood. the set is three walls and two Biobeds mostly built by studio volunteers.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The displays above the beds can be set to any health status and the pointers always move indicating changing readings.

We have had a very busy Spring at the studio with several shows filming and we are filming again after mostly recovering from the flood.

More news to follow.

9. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

That's all really great to hear. I was heartbroken to hear about the flooding and damage, but it looks like you guys have bounced back nicely.

mos6507 likes this.
  10. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Do you have any flood insurance?

11. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

For those of you who missed our open house last March, good news. October 17th, 2015 we are hosting the first ever Promenade-acon at Starbase Studios.

This event is a face to face get-together for the members of the Facebook group Promenade and hosted by Vance Major, founder of the group. However you don't have to be a Promenade member to attend.

Our last open house was a huge success with over 300 in attendance.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Make plans to attend Promenade-acon now. Tour the Bridge, Sickbay and Transporter room sets. Meet actors from some of your favorite fan films, see models from members of the Star Trek Modelers group, and meet member from STARFLEET and the 1701st Fleet Star Trek fan clubs.

[​IMG]

mos6507 likes this.
  12. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Starfleet plumbers on strike I see.

13. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

[​IMG]

New trailer for "The Red Shirt Diaries" is out now featuring bridge scenes filmed at Starbase Studios. This Los Angeles based fan series follows the adventures of Ensign Williams and how the lower ranks survived Kirk and Spock's exploits.

The first season covered the first 10 episodes of TOS season 1. The RSD second season will be the rest of TOS season 1. Catch "The Red Shirt Diaries" season 1 on their website. http://www.theredshirtdiaries.com/

Watch The Red Shirt Diaries Season 2 Trailer here.

[​IMG]

14. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Go Fund Me

Our friends at Starship Melbourne just created a Go Fund Me on our behalf so we can begin construction on the Briefing Room.

At this point there are over a dozen fan made productions actively filming at Starbase Studios. A donation to the studio doesn't just support one show but all the shows that film here.

Click the picture to check it out and please donate if you can.

[Link to crowdfunding campaign disabled per board rules. GLS]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
  15. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Here is a list of only the active productions either filming or releasing their shows in 2016.

1. Starship Valiant
    2. Starship Grissom
    3. Starship Melbourne
    4. Starship Ajax
    5. Yorktown: A Time to Heal
    6. Star Trek: The Romulan Wars
    7. The Red Shirt Diaries
    8. Starship Hood
    9. Starship Republic
    10. Dreadnought Dominion
    11. The Federation Files

This list doesn't include the dozens of inquiries we've received from others thinking about filming, The shows that don't contact us until they are ready to film, The shorts that are done for fun and never released as a project, the school field trips and classes, the many non-Trek shows who use the studio, and the private tours we host pretty much on a weekly basis.

We are so very lucky and proud to be able to spread so much Star Trek to so many people.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Barbreader

Does Starship Hood have a home on the net? That one is new to me.

17. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Starship Hood is the current name of Brian Anglin's project which was Starship Defiance. I don't think he has a Focebook page for this one yet.

18. Barbreader

19. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Three new releases for Starbase Studios today.

First "The Red Shirt Diaries" have released their 24th episode, "This Side of Paradise", which was filmed at Starbase Studios. They have also created an excellent behind the scenes video of their time in Oklahoma City.

Red Shirt Diaries Ep. 24, This side of Paradise.

Red Shirt Diaries Ep. 24, Behind the Scenes.

Also, Word of the Nerd released a fantastic article about their visit to Starbase Studios. Writer Tim Pilard gives us his view as a fan visiting the studio.

Word of the Nerd Online with Starbase Studios

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. x32

x32 Lieutenant Red Shirt