Picture the Novelverse - Characters, Ships and More !

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Relayer1, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

To be fair, it is easily done. I use stumbleupon to browse the web quiet often, see an image I like the look of and right-click-save without really thinking and thus have no idea where a lot of images come from.

2. Starfury

Starfury Captain Captain

How about this beautiful drawing of the Aventine-Crew from Rocketdave? http://www.deviantart.com/#/art/Aventine-Crew-297764348?hf=1

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Interesting. As soon as I saw the rendering of Bowers, my first thought was "That looks like Phil Morris." Which isn't a suggestion for Bowers that I've seen before, the usual ones being Ving Rhames and Michael Boatman. Although that means that two of the Bowers candidates have been in incarnations of Mission: Impossible.

4. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cross Cult has posted a draft for the German translation of the first book of the Khan duology by Greg Cox:

[​IMG]

5. Defcon

And Book Two:

[​IMG]

6. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Pocket and Cross Cult should exchange ideas.

7. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

I actually thought about Peter Parros (Knight Rider) when I saw the rendering, but I don't know if he's the right age for Bowers.

--Sran

8. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

9. Enterprise1701

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^I think they're ship silhouettes.

11. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, what a shame! I was just about to post how awesome it was to finally see the new Voyager. I love that they gave the ship Sovereign-style nacelles (Voyager's stubby little ones always looked atrophied to me) and enlarged the hanger bay a bit. The only bit I dislike are the impulse engines, which look like they'd leave nasty burns down the sides of the hull if activated.

Until Mark finishes his and it's actually on a cover, this will be the refit Voyager in my mind.

13. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Although I really dislike the impulse engines on this, it's the plastic looking photoshop nacelles that don't flow with the rest of the design that I hate the most. Although the impulse engines are a very, very close second.

14. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I've been listening to the audiobooks for the Shatnerverse novels, and I got to wondering what his ship, the Belle Reve, looks like. I checked Memory Beta, but there was no rendering. Does anyone know what the ship actually looks like? All i know is that it looks like a civilian freighter, which could be one of thousands of designs...

15. Defcon

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  16. Markonian

Let's puzzle it out - which ship is which?

17. Defcon

As per the comments on the Facebook post of Unworty, the front ship is the U.S.S. Planck.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those are pretty good. It will be interesting to see how different Mark Rademaker's version of the refit Voyager looks.

19. Markonian

The Vulcanesque ship would be the Demeter. We've also got Voyager as well as the Vesta- and Merian-class ships.

I'd love to see the Galen, which had been described as Nova-class style in Miranda-class configuration.

We haven't seen Achilles yet, but I'd wager it looks a lot like a star cruiser from Star Trek Online.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Star_Cruiser

20. Enterprise1701

I'd love it if the next Star Trek television series could canonize several of the starship designs from Star Trek Online. Not all though because I think Star Trek Online's sheer array of starship classes is too ludicrous to be realistic.