My Janeway costume

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by firecrackerrrr, Oct 18, 2010.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

If, in a year's time, you remember this and go with Kill Bill - send me a picture! :)

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I hope the following doesn't offend you firecrackerrrr...

But you would make a great Lady Gaga. :) I say that after reviewing some of your Halloween pictures again.

3. firecrackerrrr

firecrackerrrr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Oh of course not. I'll admit I couldn't stand Lady Gaga mostly because I'm not a huge fan of today's music (I listen to classic rock, classical, jazz and blues the most). Some of my favourite artists are David Bowie and Michael Jackson and I HATED the fact that she came off as such a copycat. But my girlfriend is a huge Gaga fan and she showed me some youtube videos where it's just her and her piano and I was quite impressed. Then I found out that she composes, writes her lyrics, produces, sings and plays piano live....which really shouldn't be something to go all "WOW" over, it should be expected of artists but unfortunately these days, it really isn't so in that sense I find it refreshing. I think that she often suffers from the 'foot in the mouth' disease though so I try not to know much about her.

Anyway, so in August I went to see her live with my girlfriend and I dressed for the occasion. I had the blonde hair back then so you could I suppose say that this was Gaga inspired? Though the lightning bolt is ALL Bowie (ala Aladdin Sane :D)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oddly enough, after a couple of drinks prior to the show I decided to write free bitch on a random bra we found. My girlfriend wrote her number on there which I wasn't entirely amused by. And she actually got us VIP front row seats so we threw it on the stage at the end of the concert and Gaga herself picked it up. Which was hilarious considering I threw it and I never even listen to her unless my girlfriend is there :guffaw:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Great pics firecrackerrrr! :)

As far as music goes...I listen to Tori Amos...if not her then death metal, black metal & nu metal...I don't care for pop and there is only a handful of "new" songs I might listen to.

5. firecrackerrrr

That's pretty much me. I like some metal and industrial rock as well. But when I'm all alone, give me Bowie, Zeppelin, MJ and Pink Floyd any day. :))

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    You would have loved a concert I went to in the mid 90's...Nine In Nails & David Bowie. :bolian: It was great...was weird hearing Bowie doing NIN song "Reptile"...I forgot which Bowie song Trent did...but it was awesome. :)

7. firecrackerrrr

Most likely "I'm Afraid of Americans" - and I'm incredibly jealous. I love NIN as well!

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    That was one...but NIN also did an old school Bowie song before the switch. I may have to look it up. :lol:

It was a strange crowd...alot of older Bowie fans & then alot of goth kids. :lol:

9. firecrackerrrr

Oh I can imagine! I actually went to a Marilyn Manson concert ages ago (don't laugh, Manson wasn't THAT bad back in the Mechanical Animals days) but I was probably the most normal looking kid there. ://

The only other song I can think of is Scary Monsters. I know Trent sang that a few times.

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Maybe...Manson isn't so bad. I haven't been to too many concerts...NIN/Bowie, Bush-No Doubt-Goo Goo Dolls, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica-KoRn-Kid Rock-Powerman 5000-System Of A Down. I have always been too busy or broke. :lol: :sigh:

I would love to see Tori Amos in concert though. :)

[edit] Forgot...I saw Dope & Primer 55.

11. firecrackerrrr

Haaa Korn! Nice. Haven't listened to Korn in AGES. Hmmm trying to remember the concerts I've been to...Michael Jackson was my first in 1997 in Germany. Manson, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Metallica, Elton John, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Bjork, Bob Dylan, Billy Idol, Janet Jackson, Tina Turner, BB King, Madonna (who was surprisingly awesome during the Drowned World Tour right before she started sucking), Oasis, Moby, No Doubt, The Verve, Portishead, Rob Zombie and Gaga more recently. Sadly, as big of a Bowie fan as I am and have been for over a decade, I never got to see him perform. I did meet him briefly but back in 2004 I was working in Japan for 3 months and missed the Vancouver show. I'm still kicking myself over that since it's unlikely he'll perform again since his heart surgery :(

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I was really upset about missing Ozzfest back in 2001...I missed out on Slipknot & Mudvayne. :scream: Guys from the band I was in all got tickets & didn't get me one and I missed out. :( They did get our CD played in between bands...too bad I missed it. :sigh:

13. sevenstars

sevenstars Captain Captain

I know it was a few subjects back, firecrackerrrr, but I just had to come by and say how wonderful your costume is, and what a great picture!

14. firecrackerrrr

That's still the main subject, dear :D Thank you!

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

My bad. :lol: I derailed this. ;)

The outfit is great! :)

I haven't sewed anything since HS. :eek: I wouldn't be able to make anything. :sigh:

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Going back to an earlier tangent, firecrackerrrr, I think you'd also look great as Milla Jovovich's Alice, from Resident Evil (red dress, boots, guns) and Leeloo from The Fifth Element (orange hair!).

I might be slighty obsessed by Milla Jovovich. I even sat through Joan of Arc:ack:

17. firecrackerrrr

No worries I am too. Arghh actually before I did my Janeway costume I was THIS close to making the Leeloo orange suspenders costume but I hate being cold on Halloween :guffaw:

18. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Then perhaps next year you should make yourself a Zira costume?

19. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Ah, the classics. :)

The last concert I attended was an acoustic jazz concert on Catalina Island. No bras were thrown unfortunately but we did get to sail there from San Diego and much red wine was consumed...

Anyone hear of Craig Chaquico? He used to play for Jefferson Starship and can still riff...

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

In her 70s my grammy brought spare underwear with her to throw at Tom Jones in concert. Apparently these things are encouraged.

God help us all.