Halloween Costume Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thestrangequark, Oct 2, 2009.

1. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

you scare me.

Seriously; you're scary talented.

I bow to you.

seriously.

I hope you'll post a pic of you in the whole costume. Cuz what you've shown so far looks perfect.

2. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

^ :alienblush: Oh my. Thank you. I promise to post a picture of the entire thing when it is finished. I haven't posted a picture of myself around here in a while anyway.

And as much as I would like, I can't take to much credit. I got my start twenty years ago working in the theater. I had the privilege of "apprenticing" with some fantastic people before moving on to designing costumes and sets on my own. Tight budgets, lack of supplies and no time built a shrewd yet adaptable machine that can paint, build or sew just about anything in a pinch. And since I have moved on to graphic design these days, I love stretching my legs at Halloween so I don't get rusty. I might get the opportunity to go back to it one day but until then I will enjoy it as a hobby. I have been seriously thinking about going on Project Runway though. I think I could do fashion too. (I know I could do better than some of them on that show. Yikes.)

3. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

The Borg Costume was similar awesome.

I don't do Halloween here, but over the few years have seen some kids doing it.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

My friends and I were going to be the Thundercats this year, but...

We don't have a friend willing to shave their head to be Panthro, and...

My one friends refuses to be Snarf, even though he would be perfect as Snarf!

So my best friend and I said fuck'em. We just watched Firefly and decided to be Mal and Jayne. Our other friends can figure out something else to do on their own.

5. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

:guffaw:

Only thing is, I don't want to be spiderman, I've been hoping we can't find any so my friend will let my just go as Phantom.

And today she officially said she has given up on the spiderman costume, I'll be getting my Phantom of the Opera costume assembled later this week. :D

So, are you being Mal or Jayne?

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

For strictly logistical reasons, I will be Jayne.

- I can grow a goatee
    - I am taller
    - My buttocks is more muscular

Also, my friend for some reason wants to try and squeeze into some really tight pants.

7. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Thunder Cats, eh? That would've been awesome. :cool: You said you've been working on your six-pack abs for the part.

8. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm just going to be a Captain Hammer groupie this year. Easy & pretty cheap.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

And now I have no reason to do so, which is why I had about a dozen cookies for breakfast this morning. :lol:

10. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    :shifty:

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I see what you did there...

12. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

:rommie: Besides the "Warp Brewery" the lens flare were the only other thing that bothered me about the movie.

If I had lots of money to waste, I would hire my own team of "flare people" to follow me around on Halloween and over light me.

13. JonathonWally

I'm pretty cheap actually.

Wait... :shifty:

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm picturing you dressing all in black and shining a flashlight in people's faces.

15. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I'm having trouble deciding what to be.

16. JonathonWally

As long as it's a big flashlight

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It's one of those little keychain flashlights.

18. JonathonWally

Those don't produce JJ levels of flare, therefore, no good.

19. Count Dracula

Count Dracula Ensign

Um, thestrangledcorpse...would you consider wearing that Danger Mouse as a "A New Hope" Princess Leia costume, including the braless effect Carrie Fisher was going for? You're quite attractive.

As for me, I'm building on my self-taught make-up and liquid latex FX skills from last year as another zombie. This time, I'm a doctor who was operating on a zombie victim. I'll be wearing scrubs and a white coat and surgical mask. I'm going to be lightly zombified but with a ripped out throat, a knife sticking out of my shoulder, and a lot of blood and gray matter on my outfit.

20. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm unfortunately attending a Halloween party this weekend and I've decided to go as a member of the Nerd Herd from Chuck. Mainly because I'm cheap and all I need is a pocket protector. Oh year, and because I'm too lazy to do anything that involves effort.

I'm betting on a total of no one getting my costume and thinking I'm just there as a ordinary nerd. Or worse someone will recognise it and given I've only seen half of the first season will ruin the show for me.