Timecop reboot (w/o JCVD)- news, rumors, images until release

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jefferiestubes8, May 23, 2013.

1. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

http://collider.com/timecop-reboot/

Seems like it would be a fine scifiaction film. The right actor would be 2-3 film franchise.

Very early in development. Figure 2-3 years before we see a film.

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

IMO this is one of JCVD's top 4-5 films. After Bloodsport, Universal Soldier I'd rank this probably 3rd. It would be nice to see JCVD in a cameo role. Maybe he's even head of the program in this reboot.

Don't forget this is also a comic book property from Dark Horse Comics.

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I loved the first movie when it came out. Can't wait to see what they do with a reboot.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought Timecop was really cool. (Only problem I had: Where the hell do those sleds go when somebody emerges into the past?)

"If she farts, she'll get ahead of the pod!" :guffaw:

(side note: Bruce McGill seems to like playing time travelers...QL (sorta), Voyager, and this...)

5. Ain Jalut

Ain Jalut Lieutenant

The only problem with the original that the Silver character wanted an unusually low amount of money to run for pres.

6. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay, guys, it's a remake, not a reboot.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ With feature films, that's effectively the same thing.

8. Bisz

Bisz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed the original and could see myself seeing this in theatres. Thanks for posting the news.

9. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Do you remember what it was roughly? It's been a long time since I've seen the movie, but I thought it was the opposite, that he needed insanely huge amounts of money for the campaign, like in the billions. That's why he was taking extreme measures like manipulating the stock market during the Depression, stealing Confederate gold, and killing off his business partner in a multi-billion dollar computer startup.

Personally, I just want to know when we're all going to be riding around in cars that look like upsized versions of the mouse droid from Star Wars. I can't wait for the distant future of 2004 to arrive.

Anyway, Timecop is an easily adaptable premise that can remain fresh through multiple incarnations, so I'm glad they're giving it another go. The JVCD one is fun, but hardly a scifi classic, so there's room for improvement.

10. Ain Jalut

Ain Jalut Lieutenant

If i remember correctly it was around 10 or even lower than that.