It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Temis the Vorta, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

After the first five episodes, I'm sold. This show is hilarious. :rommie: Un-PC humor is getting a little bit common nowadays, but this

Sample dialogue:

"We gotta get rid of these shamrocks. Nothing scares gays and black folks like Irish crap."

"You shot me in the head!" "If I'd shot you in the head, you'd be dead, moron."

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

It's a hilarious show; definitely the most anti-social comedy around. I think their "best" moment was when the guy got his sister hooked on heroin to get government welfare. :D Season premiere is the 18th!

3. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

Saw a commercial on FX today...some fat girl said something about her "nips." Looked hilarious...what was that line, exactly?

4. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

They had a campus quiz show tour quiz show sponsored by FX. I soundly defeated my opponents and won a golden dumpster baby. Tells you how much I watch this show. :p

BTW, all the episodes are on Hulu if you want to check them out.

5. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I just started watching this show too, freaking hilarious. Probably the funniest show on tv right now. I've gotten a couple of my friends hooked on it too. Although the level of immorality is getting pretty close to my limit later in the third season. But I'm still laughing so who cares. Can't wait for the fourth season coming up.

6. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, this show is freaking hilarious.

If you get a chance, watch "Hundred Dollar Baby." That's a classic :lol:

In fact, my second favorite episode guest stars Stephen Collins as Dennis and Dee's real father.

7. species5618

species5618 Commodore Commodore

I love this show too--and everyone I introduce to it seems to get into it right away as well.

Good news, season 3 comes out on DVD this Tuesday!

8. species5618

species5618 Commodore Commodore

Not to be a nit picker, but it was crack they got hooked on--that particular episode was the first one I saw. During some channel surfing, I happened to find it, not knowing what it was. It was ridiculous and funny as hell--and I was hooked.

Charlie is probably my favourite character; his Pacino-esque explosions of pure rage are hilarious.

9. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Love, love, love this show. A friend introduced me to it late last year...the cast is so great. Can't wait for the 4th season to start and the 3rd season to be released on DVD next week - there are still a few eps I haven't seen.

Favourite eps are probably "Dennis and Dee go on Welfare", "Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom", and "Mac is a Serial Killer", but almost all of them are hilarious, and I keep picking up on new jokes every time I watch them.

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I saw about 10 minutes of this show and I'd love to see more. I'll be renting the DVDs whenever I can.

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've seen every episode. Seasons 1 and 3 are up on Hulu for us Americans, FYI. The funniest 22 minutes of TV ever may be "Mac is a Serial Killer."

12. Temis the Vorta

Just saw the episode about the Nazi grandfather. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Charlie is definitely my favorite regular. Favorite recurring character: Charlie's Adams-Family-escapee landlord.

Why is this show not an Emmy nominee? It's much funnier than 30 Rock or Entourage! :mad:

13. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I laughed my ass off when Mac shows up at the apartment and Dennis appears dressed up like the dude from To Catch A Predator, "Now, Mac, what EXACTLY do you mean by, 'You'll take care of her?'" :lol:

14. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

One of the best shows ever. I haven't seen it in a long time, though. I wonder if they're going to make any more episodes.

15. Temis the Vorta

Sept 18 at 10pm on FX!

If those frakken S3 DVDs get to me fast enough, I'll start watching this sucker live.

Just saw the episode where Dennis and Dee hit on the brilliant scheme to commit welfare fraud by becoming crack addicts. :bolian::rommie::devil:

16. Vic Sixx

Vic Sixx Commodore Commodore

I like it too, but I hated when they killed Anne Archer's Mother character. I was hoping she'd stick around longer.

17. Temis the Vorta

Eh, she's an obnoxious cliche in the eps I've seen so far. I won't be sad to see her go.

So lemmee guess...someone accidentally runs over her with a truck or she gets killed when the gang tries burning down the bar for insurance money.

18. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Nope.

Dies after a botched Neck Tightening (or some cosmetic surgery to the neck). The best part is Dee and Frank's plan to con Dennis and Dee's real father out of the money. Especially Frank's AIDs hysteria.

19. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was sad to see Anne Archer killed off too, but she might have been too expensive to keep bringing back. The character was a bit clichéd but I still love the way Archer played her.

I just finished watching S3 on DVD...it was sadly a step down from S2, but about half the eps were still great. My problem is they seem to have lessened the humour coming from the characters and their sociopathic tendencies, and instead started relying on crazy, outlandish plots...it's become a bit cartoonish, unfortunately.

Still can't wait for S4 to start though!

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Really? I didn't remember S3 being like that. Isn't that the episode where Frank tripped balls on acid, got out his gun and shot someone? And where the inbred family took them hostage?