Another October eBook release

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by DarkHorizon, Mar 10, 2012.

1. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

Just popped up on the S&S website, another eBook-only release, following on from last October's excellent The Struggle Within from Christopher.

I didn't put any details in the title, because this really deserves to be a bit of a surprise :):

Star Trek: Vanguard - In Tempest's Wake, by Dayton Ward, to be released October 2nd...

2. bok2384

bok2384 Commander Red Shirt

Fantastic news! Looks like The Struggle Within did well enough to justify a second eBook. Let's hope that this sees the start of a new trend.

3. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seems to be a misnomer. Dayton said this on Twitter:

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That makes more sense. I was trying to figure out why we'd be seeing more Vanguard so soon after they made a big deal over Storming Heaven being the finale. Glad to see more Ebook releases though. I wonder if we'll get any more Mere Anarchy/Slings and Arrows style miniseries. I was kinda hoping when they started those we'd get minis like that for at least DS9, ENT, and VOY.

5. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Vanguard = Space dust? :devil:

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That would be a good way to give a definitive answer to the question of whether we'll be seeing the station in any post-SH stories.

7. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

This is great news -- and, if the suggested retail price is correct, it's a lot more reasonable at $3.99. I'm a lot less disgruntled about paying 1/2 the cost of a MMPB for 1/3 the word count than I was about paying 2/3 the cost for 1/3 the word count, as with The Struggle Within.

Publishers seem to be learning some lessons about pricing e-only content.

8. Fer

Fer Commander Red Shirt

Well, whether it's labeled TOS or Vanguard, I hope this means the story is something of a Vanguard epilogue.

9. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I saw this on Dayton's facebook and was wondering the same about Vanguard myself. Still waiting til Storming Heaven comes out to see if the station is destroyed or what not.

10. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Well we know that Vanguard station isn't around by 2382 when Andor succedes from the Federation.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but that's 115 years (I think) after the Vanguard series, so it makes sense that it would be gone by then.

12. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

we also know Starbase 47 is not around in "Parallels" when a different station has that number in the 2360s.

although, one might say that it's a replacement station at that location.

13. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

But Space Station K7 is still around by then ('Trouble With Tribbles'), although not as important as it used too be.

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Well, SCE: Oaths does assert that a station named Deep Space Station K-7 is a week away from Sherman's Planet, but it might be a replacement for the one we know (which had fallen into disrepair in the 2340s according to The Art of the Impossible). After all, we know there is a Starbase 47 in the 24th century, but it's a different starbase reusing the number.