All my ships in 1 place

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kaiser, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Oh god my eyes!

3. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

I dig all except the horse one - but then, I also love 80's Eurotrash Pop, so bear that in mind. ;-D

4. Kaiser

Thank you USS Triumphant :)

5. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

....that's a lot of warp nacelles...

--Alex

6. Kaiser

Yeah i'll admit i dunno what i was thinking with that one..:shrug:

The new ship im working on might make up for it :)

7. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, it might be handy to be able to lose 37 nacelles and have one left to get home on... :D

8. Kaiser

Hehe ^__^

9. Trelane

Trelane Lieutenant Commander

Love the Gadget Hackwrench as I'm all for a Miranda-Class with a visible navigation deflector. The rest...umm...a bit of overkill? I'd rather see someone redo the Oberth-Class gunship variant with an under-slung fighter through-deck module instead of a hospital module. Or the NX-Class with "Enterprise-A" nacelles and a slightly elongated aft between the pylons, that includes a slightly improved shuttlebay for Chaffee (Type 18) pods and maybe support(s) for overhead New Orleans-Class (or Abbe-Class) type missile/torpedo launcher(s).

10. Kaiser

So TMP era Springfield class? I can do that in the future if yoou like :) and thanks for liking that one its the one i choose to command in another forum :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  11. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

I think it would be a fascinating artistic & intellectual exercise to take your funny Slappy Squirrel and Gadget Hackwrench classes, and take seriously, and try to rework them and tweak them and make them believable and effective designs.

12. Kaiser

Well the Gadget seems effective enough for me though not sure how to do that to the Slappy Class...

13. Kaiser

Well heres a new one by sorta request :

[​IMG]

14. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Great stuff

15. Kaiser

Thank you Publiusr :D

16. Cmdr_Blop

Cmdr_Blop Lieutenant Commander

I would ask who requested that, but the scary part is, I'd actually get a legitimate answer.

17. Trelane

Trelane Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, I'd love for you to put together a TMP-era Springfield-Class vessel as I described earlier in the thread.

Kaiser: An NX-Class with dual overhead Abbe-Class / New Orleans-Class type overhead missile/torpedo launchers & Enterprise-A type nacelles. Designed as part of the "Home Guard" task forces, after painful lessons were learned the hard way during the Earth-Romulan War.

Rarely ever seen, frequently docked to trading bases as "last resort" vessels as they don't tend to last long in battle.

They're relatively heavily armed, but not especially maneuverable, thickly armored, or quick to re-load. Insufficient sensors, jerry-rigged computers, and completely unable to detect cloaked vessels. They're not heavily manned, mostly automated with skeleton crews, and the ship's armaments don't adjust to enemy movements once they're fired.

They're basically refit NX-Class vessels (some with the new secondary hull expansions, others without,) with big, loud sawed-off shotguns on the dorsal sides of their saucer sections or aft/engineering hulls, and scarcely-faster at a maximum warp of warp 7.8

The ship fires to a general area and hopes they nail something in the approximate area of their experimental weapons' discharge.

Copernicus-Class Frigate

Extremely controversial, as starfleet's mission is to explore and not be seen as strictly an imperialistic expanding military power. The Copernicus is often discussed in murmurs in the hallways as the "redshirt-class".

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  18. Kaiser

Yep one of my friends who is a CDRR & Casual Trek fan and me were talking about a character and what type of ship would be perfect for them he said Romulan but theres no Romulan in Vance's tool kits so i had to make do ^__^

19. Kaiser

does it have to be a NX-Class saucer cus there isnt one in Vances's tool kits :(

Though i could easily use a Baton Rouge or TOS era Saucer i suppose but its up to you :)

20. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Feel free to disregard this, but looking back over some of your ship classes, this is how I see them:

Toward the end of the Dominion War, Starfleet was getting desparate for ships to throw in front of the enemy, and started pulling as many good parts as they could off of ships in the scrapyards and museums and putting them together quickly into whatever would work and possibly have enough power to stand a chance. Shuttlebays reworked to fire torpedoes and smaller jury-rigged explosive-filled kamikaze ships (old shuttles and such), and tons of lower-powered old school warp nacelles strung together to provide modern levels of power. Each ship, or usually at most, couple of ships, formed their own class, and sometimes the engineers got a little silly with the names, which Starfleet left to them - but usually the names were of characters known for an ability to MacGyver things together like the engineers themselves were doing. :)