Kestra and RoMax's Valentine Extravaganza!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Robert Maxwell, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

It's that time of year again! We have some shenanigans in store, but they're friendly shenanigans, not mean shenanigans.

You have a few options for participating:

1. PM Kestra or myself with the username of your secret crush/friend and we'll send them a message on your behalf on Valentine's Day. Provide the following:
    a. Their username.
    b. What color of (digital) flowers to send them. Choose from: red (love), white (admiration), yellow (friendship), pink (crush)
    c. A message from you.
    d. Whether or not to include your username in the message (or be anonymous.)

2. Throw your name in (by announcing in this thread) that you want to get matched up with a Valentine for the day. Once the Valentines have been announced (on the 13th), you will have 24 hours to find as much in common with your Valentine as possible and post it in this thread. Saying you both like Star Trek doesn't count, and don't put smartass stuff like "we're both male humans." :p Note that these are friendly (not necessarily romantic) Valentines, so don't feel slighted if you're a guy and get matched up with another guy or something. We're making the selections at random so no one will be playing favorites.

3. You can also post here about any Valentine's Day plans you may have.

You can do any or all of the above. If you want to groan about how much you hate Valentine's Day, please start a different thread. This one is meant to be positive!

Have fun, everyone!

2. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

First in, last out.

I'm game.

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

You can throw my name in the hat. I could use a new friend.

I do have a secret crush, but I'm not that daring. Besides, I'm pretty sure she's barely aware of my existence.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't believe you guys are going to be privy to the entire BBS's secret crushes. That's.. an enviable position to be in.

Throw me in to the mix. Give me a challenge, I'm up for it.

5. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

I'm up for option 2.

Aw. You should be daring. After all, that's what Valentine's Day is for and it should be easier on a message board than in real life. If she's not interested it won't be embarrasing anytime you meet her in the hallway or anything like that.

6. Robert Maxwell

Well, we promise to keep the info about crushes confidential (beyond sending out the messages on your behalf, of course.) I mean, I'm a mod--I already have access to lots of stuff I could spread around that I don't, and who wouldn't trust Kestra?? ;)

7. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Ah, so that's her evil plan for world domination!

8. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Yay! Glad we have takers already!

Well, I don't want to push you into it but you never know. Also this could be your chance to make her aware! Or you could send something anonymously. Either way, you have a few days to think it over. :)

9. Robert Maxwell

I would ask that all secret message requests be in by 2359 Eastern time (USA) on the 12th, so we have time to prepare them!

10. teacake

What if you have more than one secret crush?

11. Robert Maxwell

I guess you can submit more than one request, but let's not do a whole bunch. We're only two people! :lol: No more than five per person, please?

12. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ So we have 347 years?

My secret crush hasn't posted here in ages. :(

13. Kestra

You can totally put in multiple requests, though I'd hope that one person isn't going to just try to cast a wide net. But send flowers to your closest friends! Just try to keep in mind that we have to send these all out ourselves in the span of one day.

14. teacake

What if I send out 5 secret messages and no one sends me one? Can I start a thread about my angst?

15. Robert Maxwell

That's 24-hour time, smart aleck!

11:59PM if you want to be all American about it, but I don't know why you'd want to. :shifty:

16. Kestra

You can send yourself flowers!

17. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

Slut! :p

18. Kestra

None of that, please.

19. teacake

Okay I have one more question.

What if you guys make a mistake and reveal the sender of the secret crush flower to the recipient even though the sender said it was to be secret? What if this is actually your plan to throw the BBS into entertaining drama?

20. Kestra

We are saving all the mischief and other shenanigans for a different time. This thread is on the level. That being said, it's possible that we'd make a mistake but we'll obviously be careful so that doesn't happen.

Now go get your orders in!