Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

On reflection, and although my position is still that cancellation was a poor decision, it was a thrilling final season with the last two story arcs.

The Super Maul Bros. vs. Pre Visla and later Palpatine himself was an excellent climax of the series in that we actually got to see Palps in action; plus the fate of at least Savage was decided.

Anakin and Ahsoka finally parted ways, making the lead in to ROTS more sensible.

The "turn against the Jedi" is in full swing which adds leverage to the reality of the galaxy turning their backs on the Jedi outright at the end of ROTS.

Obi-Wan almost became a background character, though. I was hoping we'd get one DVD set with him on the cover and another Ahsoka... but with only one release left season 5) it'll be Ahsoka by a mile.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Just a reminder, though, this wasn't the final season. Quite a few more episodes have already been made and production is continuing; there's just some uncertainty about where and how the final season will be distributed.

3. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And the length of the remaining season still seems to be an open question as well. I hope it's not just 7 or 8 episodes. Enough hanging threads remain that I'd love at least 4 more 4 episode arcs.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I'm looking forward to seeing a few more Jedi before the last story airs or is released on disc. Quinlan Vos for one. He's mentioned in Episode III as fighting with his Clones on Boz Pity in a successful campaign, so we know he survives until at least the imposition of Order 66. He's always been one of the most interesting Jedi in the series and the Expanded Universe and I'd like to get at least one more glimpse of the guy before he's eliminated by his own troops or flees into hiding.

5. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What other loose ends does Clone Wars still have unresolved?

The fate of Darth Maul
    Poggle (one of the separatist leaders) is still in prison
    Republic invasion of Mandalore
    Order 66 "test run" from that Youtube clip
    The eventual capture of Palpatine
    The possible cloning of the Zillo Beast

6. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Something that will absolutely never be shown now: The missing stuff from the Zirro jail break arc. Ressurection of Bane's droid friend, escape of Aurra Sing, etc.

7. cooleddie74

I hope they have the good sense to conclude Maul's story. Having him still floating around the galaxy when the Empire is born and begins its reign of oppression won't feel right, especially given that there should be only two living Sith Lords in the Imperial era: Palpatine/Sidious and Vader.

Just kill him off once and for all. Finish the job Obi-Wan started years earlier.

8. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Eh?

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see Maul wrapped up and I wouldn't mind seeing some fallout from what happened with Ahsoka, even if it's just Anakin being a little testy.

10. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

11. cooleddie74

Anything that makes Anakin more uncertain about the Jedi and upset with the system is a good thing. It was many things spread across almost a decade and a half that turned a nine-year-old boy Podracer with a trusting heart into somebody who'd murder all the Jedi in the Temple to save his wife from death. Anger and disappointment over losing Ahsoka would contribute to the grumbling, paranoid Anakin we see throughout most of Episode III.

12. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

I doubt The Clone Wars would have wrapped up Maul's story anyway.

They're going to want to spread that out over novels, comics and video games for many years to come.

13. cooleddie74

In case anybody was still in the market for Season 4 of the series on DVD and BluRay, Amazon had them on sale about a week ago for $18.49 - $24.49 per set depending on format. I believe the prices have returned to normal by now, but I'm not sure. You might want to go to Amazon and check to be certain. Those prices sounded like an excellent value for an entire season of the series.

14. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just had a crazy idea, what if the mystery protagonist from 1313 is (or is it was now) going to be Asohka, and that was why they had the placeholder, because they didn't want to ruin the end of the CW season.

16. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

What "mystery protagonist"? The male bounty hunter we've seen in every look so far at 1313?

17. cooleddie74

I'm not up to speed on 1313 as I probably should be. Most of my focus in recent months has been on Episode VII and the fate of The Clone Wars. Which bounty hunter are we talking about?

18. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

19. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

cooleddie, pretty much all that's known about the playable character in 1313 is that he's a bounty hunter pursuing targets on Coruscant. The character in the image on the page I linked to has been assumed to be that protagonist since he's been featured in all promotional materials released so far.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've read a couple articles that said that was a stand in, and that the real protagonist was going to be revealed later.