STAR TREK: Phase II - the Lost Series... exists!!

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Danlav05, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Just thought I'd start a new appreciation thread for this wonderful continuation of ths fantastic series.

I bl**dy love this show. Always have done!

Each episode has been produced to a staggeringly professional standard, going from strength to strength and using ideas from unmade episodes of The Original Series (The Protracted man - to be released), PHASE II and even The Next Generation!! (reverted to the original crew of course!!)

I think what I feel about this show is it is closing a gaping wound Star Trek's had for many years. Cawley has got hold of many unused costumes from the Phase II project and used them on screen, and as even cast the 'lost' Spock replacement, Xon.

They're changing the logo to look like the red one from the Starfleet Technical Manual, but blue. It feels so 1970s. Cawley has confirmed on his Facebook both Kitumba (the most reknowned PHASE II story, submitted as a 2parter in the 1970s) and Bread and Savagery are aimed for release by the end of June.

i look forward still, nearly a decade on from the pilot, to wherever they go next on their journey to the 'movie era'...

2. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

3. jamesmc

jamesmc Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thank You Danlav! Yes, "Kitumba" is being readied for release our target is the end of March/early April 2013.
    "Bread and Savagery" will make it's debut in late June/early July,2013.
    This year marks our TEN year anniversary and we have some things in the works, Thanks to all for the many years of Friendship and support!
    James

4. Danlav05

Ten years?! Where's it all gone? Been looking at the Facebook like I said, it's all amazing.

What about 'Origins' and 'Mind-Sifter'? Are they being redone with Brian? It's sad to see you go (Even though you're still Senior EP right? So you're still very much there. But hiding :alienblush: )!

5. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Love Phase 2, it is the last two seasons of the original 5 year mission.
    Thank you to the Phase 2 crew.
    :drool::lol::techman::techman:

6. jamesmc

jamesmc Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I am still very much here in my producers chair. Mind-sifter is being reworked for Brian to take over in the center seat and Origins is being worked on, but I can't give you an idea on it's release.
    My priority are the two episodes I mentioned previously and getting them out the door first.

7. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

8. Danlav05

You've done so much great work, with so many great people!

Even though we won't be cebrating in port Henry, rest assured through the internet we will be there in spirit. :rofl:

9. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Finally got around to watching "Enemy Starfleet" the other day and enjoyed it. Though the ending with Kirk kissing the villainess made me cringe a bit. But it's still a good fan produced series.

10. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Well, thanks James for the update. :bolian: We miss the updates on the Phase2 Fourms. TV and media is changing as we watch, I still hope someone up the ladder will release your comments about treating ST Fan Films just as Pocket Books worked would make the studio and fan film makers very happy. With youtube, google TV, then Apple TV.... ;);)

With the current onslaught of 'ADDS' on every web page, radio, podcast, movies, TV,busses, trucks, ect...
    Studios want to get there "other products" out there. Promoting is very important. :techman::drool::drool:

11. siskostemper

siskostemper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love this series myself, My question is has the site changed? I go there and I cant find the newest eps or updates.

12. TJinPgh

TJinPgh Captain Captain

Glad to hear that things are moving forward with this. Looking forward to the next episode.

Also great to hear that the Origins ep is still planned. Was kind of wondering about that.

13. Danlav05

The site I think has a few new articles here and there, but the update focus seems to be on Facebook, the website could do with a spring clean!

June is coming soon, so the crew will be soon back on set making another new episode!

Apparently the guest star is Carl Sheldon as a 24th Century Scotty (striking resemblance) and a casting call said they were 'looking to cast two males in their 20's to portray two young Starfleet officers from The Next Generation era', so it sounds a bit like the scenes of Sulu on the Excelsior in WEAT and future Kirk and Spock in IHW. Can't wait to see what it's all about...

With this and a new Intrepid coming shortly, the Prime Timeline is very much alive thanks to the fans!