PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
  2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Getting ready to take a couple of pics of some new Star Wars items I scored earlier this evening. I'd post them in the Toy Thread but that'd be a double or even triple post so I'll wait and might just post them in here first. Found the excellent 6" Greedo from the premium Black Series line, which is the best mass-market toy of the character ever released (not including the expensive, premium collector statues and busts).

3. mari

mari Captain Captain

This is my husband also. Try to take his burgers and you might end up with a gnawed hand. (I showed him this and he fully agreed, so it's not just me making fun of him.)

I probably have Delta wings from 1985 (flight to Disney World, of course) somewhere in the boxes of my stuff in my parents' attic. I don't think I got to go to the cockpit, but seeing as I was 5 my memories of that trip are mostly the Dumbo ride and the pool at our motel. I'll have to keep JetBlue in mind when my kid is old enough to get excited about wings. We usually fly Southwest now and I'm reasonably certain they don't do that.

4. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

At one time JetBlue was the best airlines to fly. They have come way down from then, but still the better of most airlines. We like to fly JetBlue, so thats our default airlines. They make traveling the east coast real easy, plus the best leg room of any airlines. Being 6' 6" that is really important, on most trips we try and get the More Legroom which is great.

5. cooleddie74

I wouldn't gnaw off a man's hand over hamburgers. Sever a finger or two in a frenzy of biting, most likely.

6. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't. I prefer my own home-made hamburgers :)

I love old luggage! I am proud owner of a 200 year old travel basket (the size you easily can hide 2 lovers in. Or 1 Falstaff :D) It's in my hall now, holding all my handbags, dufflebags and suitcases.
    From my great-great gradfather I inherited a huge wooden trunk (1 lover size ;)) . It even still has an old label stuck on from a mail coach trip but it's totally unreadable.
    From my granny I inherited 2 small leather suitcases, slightly larger than a dispatch case. They are so handy for overnight business trips where you just need to pack fresh underwear, socks, a blouse and your sponge bag.

I'll post pics after the weekend (the wooden trunk is in my room at my parent's house)

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Last night was the slowest night I've ever worked. I never have an empty bar, and I never close up early. Last night I didn't have a single customer for over 2 hours. It was horrible.

[​IMG]

8. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

First new cat since two of my others died.

[​IMG]

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Aww! He's cute!

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Would somebody threadbomb-ize that RoJo pic, and do it fast? :techman:

11. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Challenge Accepted.

[​IMG]

12. cooleddie74

I haven't made one (yet), but "Sorry, guys - I had an enchilada for lunch. Guys? Hello?" seems apt. ;)

13. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm old enough to remember that Eastern was Disney World's official airline first. :(

I probably still have my Northwest Airlines wings too...when my high school band flew to Europe, we all bugged the flight attendants for them. :p They were glad to see us deplane. Well, there weren't any little kids on that flight, why not give them to the teenagers? :lol:

I was very pleased by the news today that Eastern Airlines is being reborn. A bunch of folks from the old airline are bringing it back, so it's not just the name coming back- it's a resurrection! I hope they keep the "flying blue hockey stick" logo!

14. Mr. Laser Beam

"I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you."

15. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

^:p I speak Jive. *never passes up an opportunity to quote Airplane!*

16. cooleddie74

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.

17. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

@ RAMA .... my condolences on your two cats ... but your new one seems ... adorable!

So ... congrats!

18. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really? *checks news* Huh. Cool, although it's not really related to the old Eastern, it's a completely new airline, especially since all their old assets are long since sold off. One quote I found: "Although the new company is careful to point out that it is “not affiliated with the former Eastern Air Lines,” it bears the branding of the defunct carrier"

19. Mr. Laser Beam

20. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Kiddo in his favorite spot, same place I posted a pic from before. He always needs to be near me so I cleared him a space on top of my desk.

[​IMG]