What the Daleks left Behind.

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Guy Gardener, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

A friend once told me that the Viet Nam Conflict was a cunning ruse on behalf of the South Vietnamese to steal 60 thousand American Jeeps.

The daleks were the Masters of the Earth for a full decade of the 22nd century and then lost everything very, very quickly.

How much of the technology there after was bases on Dalekanian design?

How much of their architecture was left intact and seen as "usable" despite the ick factor.

Children using hollowed out Daleks instead of Bicycles to go to school in?

Speaking of kids.

Can you imagine them playing marbles with Dalek bumps?

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Don't you mean Dalek eggs? ;)

3. Guy Gardener

I totally missed that meme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQPy4fdyPw0

They were called "Bumps" in Curse of the Fatal Deaths, but now you have me wondering if every bump is an egg with a baby Dalek in it, and if every Dalek is simultaneously pregnant with 80 other Daleks that would explain their rotten behaviour,

Of course that's if the 80 babies are awake and sucking on Dalek bosoms from inside the battle chassis, if there isn't some sort of mechanical udder expressing breast pump like you seen at a dairy farm equally distributing sustenance to... Now that just got dark. I was thinking that the babies are all in stasis and that they replace the parent/sibling (wait the siblings are forced to feed their brothers?) when it/s/he expires, but what if inside the eggs that there's Darwinism at work that there's some syllabus in play which only rewards the most Daleky of students that the least Dalek of the bunch are slowly starved to death if they can't get up their game.

Or 80 eggs equals 80 Daleks who just need their own chasis once they're big enough.

Davros must have been smart enough to make Daleks poisonous?

Because the human beings of 2164 are going to be thinking about tossing those pepper bots in searing BBQ pits and scooping out well done meaty innards 30 minutes later.

Could become a delicacy?

What would the Doctor think on discovering that Humans are farming Daleks as a food source?

The Daleks did bomb the planet for ten years before they started their occupation. There wouldn't be much animal life left for farming as nibbles other than Daleks and Humans.

4. SonicRanger

SonicRanger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Reminds me of a fanfic I once worked on where a bunch of aliens (they looked like oversized fruitbats) scavenged a bunch of casings from a dalek ship that crashed on their planet and were having a great time using them as their main means of transportation.

And they came in real handy when that mining ship turned up.

6. Guy Gardener

What does weeks old rotting jekllyfish meat smell like?

Sure they could try to clean it, but they'd never get rid of the smell completely.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  7. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

8. Guy Gardener

I imagine Daleks have hot oil baths, like we saw C3p0 having in New Hope (I can't believe that I say that automatically now.) or maybe that that Daleks who came out of the water in Dalek Invasion of the Earth scaring the frakk out of Susan(??) was actually bathing?

Is that why they stencilled "Don't dump bodeis in the River" on a wall there in London 2164? Because it was part of a designated Dalek bathhouse?

Or...

If Daleks really want to be the only life form in the universe was that Dalek just paddling about on the river bed killing fish?

Or...

Being jellyfishlike was the dalek swimming without it's casing, then upon hearing Susan(?) rushed back it's battle chais to rise up and exterminate the new Human vermin it had found lurking about.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Surely the high tech Dalek casing includes a shower innit? :lol: That's actually what they're shooting... high pressure Dalek scum-water.

10. Guy Gardener

Statement: Daleks don't have Noses.

Question: Than how do they smell?

Answer: Awful.