Action Figures

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Janeway’s Girl, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes. I am thinking of getting an action figure but I'm torn between the 9" or 12"? In terms of detail and actor resemblance, which is better? Are both dressed in cloth or just painted? I prefer cloth.

Also, I know the majority of people keep them in their packaging but is it okay to take them out and display them instead?

2. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

It is what you want it to be. I personally prefer mine loose because I like to pose and photograph them. I also prefer the 4" scale, for reasons of space, because mine is finite. You need to think about what you really want, where you are putting it, what it will cost, and how many you may want.

CCC.

3. Janeway’s Girl

Thanks for replying. I actually posted this a second time in the discussion thread because no one was answering. I just want two for now. Maybe I'll get one more down the road but that's it. I'm not one of those people that needs the complete collection. Just my favourites. Regardless of size they will easily fit on my dresser. I'm leaning more towards the 9'' though and yes, I do want them loose, as you say.

4. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

...are you asking about current figures or older ones? I have about a hundred Playmates ones.

5. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ooo! An excuse to show off my shelf:

[​IMG]

:)

6. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

7. Janeway’s Girl

I was asking about the Playmates figures. After much research I decided on the 9". Still waiting for it in the mail...

Forbin, I'm seeing a lot of doubles!

8. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

You are missing the details. Middle shelf is Mirror, bottom is original.

CCC.

9. Janeway’s Girl

10. timelord1010

timelord1010 Captain Captain

Your a Trek fan and don't know what Mirror means? I guess since your Janeway's Girl and Voyager didn't have Mirror Universe stories, like the TOS episode "Mirror, Mirror" or the Enterprise 2 parter " Mirror Darkly" or the half dozen DS9 Mirror universe episodes.

They are a pretty good twist on the regular universe stories where the main characters are usually evil.

11. Janeway’s Girl

Thanks for informing me:) I actually just started watching Voyager back in June so I'm still learning stuff.

12. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got the TWoK set and am about half way though doing some custom heads for Chapel, Rand, and a few aliens. They're nice figures. Just poseable enough to look cool.