Star Wars saga on Blu-Ray announced

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

http://www.theblurayblog.com/2010/0...m-announces-6-film-star-wars-saga-on-blu-ray/

Looks like it's really happening. Let the bitching begin!:lol:

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

About bloody time.

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

At least it looks like they want to do it right. Say what you will about the prequels, special editions, whatever, TPTB want to put together a good package when it is released. They could easily just do quick transfers on barebones disks and push it out into stores and still make a ton of money. Instead, they want to make something worthwhile that they hope fans will enjoy. You have to give them credit for that.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

As long as these BRs have the special editions, I'll be happy. I could care less about extras.

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

So first he'll release the "special editions" bare bones, then he'll release them with special features, then he'll release the original trilogy without the CGI additions but bare bones, then he'll release an ultimate box set with all six movies, the two versions of the original trilogy, the Clone Wars cartoon, the Ewoks cartoon, the Droids cartoon, the two Ewoks TV movies with Wilford Brimley, but leave out the special features for the box set with them.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Does this mean you can only buy all 6 in a single set?

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is the Biggs scene finally going to be inserted into ANH?

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

DAMMIT! then it's not complete!!!

:scream::scream:

I'm starting a petition!

I want that 4 hour long meeting discussing the color of Yoda's pupils and the hour and half lunch break.

9. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

That would be funny if that's what actually happened. There was only one re-release of the original DVD and it was to add a copy of the laserdisc version onto a separate disc because people were bitching about it so much. The first release had great features and a great transfer.

10. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

I'm very picky I'll only buy if they release the originals without any quality problems like the other sets. I also hope they retain all the extras from the previous releases.

11. RodrigoBrowncoat

RodrigoBrowncoat Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Oh... I'm so IN!

But October 2011????

12. milo bloom

milo bloom Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The varied and beautiful Chicagoland suburbs.
    Quite honestly, I'd argue both of those bolded points there. The features would have been great for a 2001/02 release not a 2004 release, and they certainly weren't worth all the hype they gave us about "waiting to do them right", which was BS also. If they had simply released the Laserdisc boxset of the SE's in 1997, they would have taken a lot of the pressure off of themselves for very minimal effort, and we could have gotten a much nicer DVD set later on.
    And there were also many issues with the transfers. There's scenes where Luke's lightsaber is white, and where Vader's is pink. There's numerous sound issues, ranging from unclear dialogue, to sound FX drowning out the score in certain places.

The DVD's could have been way better, and that's not getting into the absolutely insulting laserdisc transfers of the original, untouched versions of the trilogy they tried to foist on us.

And I've been reading discussion of this at some other forums, and I'm not sure I get all this buzz. It's a foregone conclusion that they've had something in the works, and until they give a firm date or specs, then it's just something else I'll push into the waiting room of my long term memory.

13. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

What about the original editions?

14. RandyS

Well, they need time to make whatever changes they have planned. Such as inserting Padme, Mace, and Jinn into the OT.

And Han and Lando in the PT.

:devil:

15. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I doubt it, since it hasn't been done so far. Ditto for the Camie & Fixer scene and the "Han with chick" scene in the cantina. Perhaps they'll be in the deleted scenes?

What I'm really hoping they'll eventually do is to let the viewer choose which scene they'd like to watch: Han shooting first, or Greedo shooting first...:)

16. RandyS

Didn't they fix that by having them shoot at the same time?

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Don't care about those either. If they're on there, fine; if not, fine. I prefer the SE's.

18. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

At least with Star Wars, there aren't any Director's Cuts or Extended Editions. Looking forward to next year.

19. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

What a perplexing statement. You're wrong, yet you're right at the same time.

20. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

Re: Star Wars saga on Blu-Ray

Like The Digital Bits said:
    4/17/2010
    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

This 'announcement' is not official from Lucasfilm with a press release just yet...