Futurama Season 7 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Nth Doctor, Jun 21, 2012.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

:lol:

This will pass.

DirecTV is, generally, awesome.

And until someone else gets the NFL Sunday ticket, I'm not even thinking about other providers.

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Pretty good. For a minute there, I thought they were going to rehabilitate Zapp and keep him with Leela's mom.

"Leprechaunorrhea." :rommie:

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this week's episode was pretty good. I can't think of any specific comments.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fun episode.

On the satellite wars front, AMC is running ads telling people their shows are not available on Dish. :D Like its their idea.

5. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whatever the "truth" behind the scenes, the various Viacom owned networks were restored to DirecTV sometime Friday. Plus, it's finally providing the hi-def signal for TCM. (I noticed it Thursday just before tCM aired "Forbidden Planet". Yeah, I i know TCM itself was already offering it, but DirecTV finally opted to carry it.

Now, it only it will do the same for BBC America before the season premiere of "Doctor Who" in August. (Hmm, August... I first watched DW in August 1982 with one of my PBS affiliates, WFSU of Tallahassee, FL got the rights. Mercy! Has it really been 30 years?!)

Sincerely,

Bill

6. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

7:7 The Six Million Dollar Mon

Pretty good, but also pretty gross. Zoidberg's relationship with Hermes finally gets some exploring.

The end of a recurring character? Maybe, maybe not. One I never cared much for anyway.

Hermes' son still hasn't aged.

Robot cemetary...uh...yeah.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Decent for the Zoidberg character study (his relationships are really being fleshed out these days), but too broad otherwise.

Given how easily Futurama characters can be cut to pieces and put back together, or otherwise survive horrible dismemberments, I'm increasingly convinced that everyone in the 31st century is a beneficiary of advanced nanotechnological augmentation, with sophisticated self-repair systems. How else could Hermes come back to life just from having his brain loosely placed on top of his head? And where did those stitches come from once it was in place? Basically what we're seeing is a transhuman species that's largely immune to death except in cases of extreme bodily destruction or dissolution (and even that can be recovered from with stem cells), which could explain why they're so casual about facing (or inflicting) mortal injury and dismemberment. Evidently this augmentation is extended to revived cryonics subjects as well, given that Fry shows similar nigh-invulnerability.

8. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Great character piece for both Zoidberg and Hermes, and hopefully the end of Roberto. I've never liked him.

My only complaint is that after Hermes gets the Cylon upgrade and begins making out with LaBarbara, we should've seen his spine glow.

9. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Captain Captain

Well something did glow :)

10. The Nth Doctor

Yes, yes, but not the right thing, dangit! :p

11. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

Yeah, that's the only way to make things make sense even within the context of the show itself. Casual dismemberment comes up a lot (In A Clockwork Origin how Amy casually lops off a finger, which winds up in the soup.)

Fry obviously got "infected" with whatever it is pretty soon after waking (he has an arm snipped off in Why Must I Be A Crustacean in Love).

I was wondering why they'd bury dead robots, but then I remembered The Honking had a cemetary by the castle on Thermostadt. So it wasn't the first time.

Next week's episode sounds really disgusting.

12. Christopher

Of course, if they have such advanced regenerative capabilities, why does the Professor need dentures?

And is there a way to use this theory to explain why Cubert and Dwight haven't aged out of preadolescence in the past decade?

13. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And yet everyone is missing the obvious throw-away gag...

Leela (in the shower): "Frye? Can you help me apply this body wash?"

Amy (also in shower)" "Yeah, Frye. Leela 'punishes' me when I don't do it right."

Frye (distracted): "Not now! I'm eavesdropping!"

Plays like a lead-in for material posted upon "The Turanga Pages". :wtf: :lol:

Sincerely,

Bill

14. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

Yeah. They must've gotten closer as butterfly derby partners than we thought. Cycle of addicition and recover, indeed.

I'm still bothered by the fact that Zoidberg sang in melody with himself.

Wha-ooo!

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this was a pretty good episode. I like Hermes and Zoidberg, so there was a lot for me to like here.
    Was Hermes hating Zoidberg something new, or have I just never noticed it before?

16. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I didn't like this episode at all and just wanted it to be over. I don't think I've ever felt like that about an ep of this show before.

17. Christopher

It's come up before. According to the Infosphere, it was first seen in "Hell is Other Robots," and has been an occasional running gag ever since.

18. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Okay ep I guess. I'm not terribly interested in Hermes or Amy centric episodes, and Zoidberg is a hit or miss proposition. OHOT, isn't it time for Prof Farnsworth to get some luuuv?

19. The Nth Doctor

Then you'll be happy with next week's episode.

20. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Captain Captain

Hear! Hear!