World Of Warcraft?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jetfire, Mar 31, 2011.

1. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Finally got [Reins of the Raven Lord] yesterday after about 50 runs. Woot

This is my first and only rare drop mount

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Finally got into the Diablo 3 Beta today. It's very nostalgic so far.

3. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

I'm loving patch 4.3 so far. Finished all 3 of the new 5-mans pretty easily last night. They are really fun. This morning I transmogrified my Jaina's Staff to the old plant-based model that was a quest reward at 20, looks very druidy. My ilvl is not high enough to try raid finder yet.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I will ask this here...is there a non-MMORPG similar to WoW? Like maybe something on a console? Like an RPG(in a medieval fantasy world) where one can create a character and do quests...without the social aspect of an MMO?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
  5. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Yeah, quite a few. You have The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, both of which are sort of like MMOs without the online part. Then you have Dragon Age 1 and (to a lesser extent) Dragon Age 2.

6. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd recommend all of the above, and there's also a new one, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, which goes on sale in a few weeks for consoles.

These give a very similar experience to the MMO gameplay but, like you said, minus the social aspect. For me that's the best option, because my gaming time can be very sporadic and I'd never have the kind of consistent gaming time to actually be social on an MMO and make it worthwhile.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well I'm still in Azeroth after all these years.. playing in a more RP way these days than anything else.

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I like WoW but I just don't have the funds to enjoy it. :lol: :sigh: I hope by the time MoP comes out I can upgrade from BC to MoP and enjoy a few months of play. :)

9. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

That's Curt Schilling's studio and there are some really talented people working on it. I've heard nothing but positives about that game.

It's also supposed to be the fore-runner to an MMORPG based in the same game that they are currently working on.

And I can't recommend Skyrim enough. Gets a bit repetitive to look at after a while, but it's a very deep and fun game that you can play in many different ways over hundreds of hours. Definitely worth the money.

10. FordSVT

They were selling Wrath of the Lich King for like $5 before Christmas.

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

One problem I have right now is I can't be online as much...but I might be getting my brother's PS3 for a bit.

[edit] And I might be able to swing one game...we will see. :lol: :(

12. teacake

Keep your eye out especially when MoP comes out. Lich and Cat were about 10 or 15 dollars combined at xmas. Most likely there will be some offer around MoP time too.

13. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

The new dragonsoul raid has some funky fights in it. Parachute onto deathwings back, attack the armor plates on his back till they fly off, then attack his spine. Its rather cool...

14. teacake

Once you've been doing it every week the coolness wears off..

15. FordSVT

^True, but you can say the same thing about almost anything.

16. teacake

Kara is still cool.

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

teacake

I am hoping to play more on WoW...it is a matter of RL BS. I love the in game world of Azeroth. :) Plus out of the MMOs I have tried it is the most fluid and enjoyable.

NElf & BElf WTF! :p

18. teacake

I think it's a good way to save money, lol. Stay in, drink tea, play WoW. If you know enough people it can be chatty. One of my characters is in a guild with a Trek name now, a few of them seem to be fairly Trek familiar. Joined it because the guild name suits my character some what.

I haven't played any other mmo's past trial versions. Really thought I'd give SW:TOR a go but haven't managed to yet. Was completely underwhelmed by Star Trek Online. At the end of the day I've been in Azeroth since BC and there's a certain investment in the lore and the races that means something past any complaints I might have about nerf this or nerf that.

19. teacake

This is a great WoW vid, this woman sings all her own parodies.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nJJa55cK-Bk[/yt]

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Thanks to that new Blizzard promotion my brother got me upgraded to CAT and an 80 toon...I am working on a 64 BELF DK at the moment though. :)

Oh! The female Pandaren is cute...I am looking forward to MoP. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012