WIP Voyager Nutrek

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by dubeau, Dec 11, 2014.

1. dubeau

dubeau Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This a Voyager version in the Nutrek JJverse. Someone mentionned they like to see one, and it tickle me in the brain too much...I made a drawing (Sorry I don't have a scanner) and started the 3d stuff. Now, I really don't know if this gonna worked out but I am gonna try. I never made the real 3D version, but I am taking the model of Flat Eric Voyager as a reference. Mine is quite different tho...and it look like a Vesta for the moment I guess...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dubeau

Update.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dubeau

4. dubeau

An idea of what the nacelles look like. I always dislike the moving engine gimmick on Voyager. There was two concept: one is this one. The other were an empty U that would support the nacelles, kind of like the Romulian. But I prefer the continuation of the bird like design. I want to do the nice Enterprise D, type of nacelles...somewhat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The belly of the engineering hull just isn't doing anything for me. I think that it'd look better if the profile match either than of the original Intrepid or Original or Refit Constitution, or something like that, and if the aft had an undercut, as opposed to just being a curve like the aft ventral on the Vesta. The deflector should still remain something like what you have, the original Intrepid's, the Vesta's, or something in between.

6. dubeau

The down part of the belly has a big modelling mistake anyway and I have to redo the back part of it. As for the deflector I haven't yet decided on the look of it.

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like!

Since it's the future of the Abramsverse, how about a holographic deflector, slightly shimmery and translucent, projected in front of the engineering hull?

Just don't do a repeat of Happy Voyager!
    [​IMG]
    (once seen, you can never un-see it!)

8. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I actually kind of like the shape of the main deflector. I suppose there are a number of other places to put the torpedo launchers, though it would probably change the look to whatever area of the ship that they were placed in. It is probably too early on to do something similar to the Vesta, since that seems to be a design element invented at the time that the Vesta was built, though I don't know, it's your design, and putting them in the same place as where the torpedoes are in the original Constitution would mean having to find another place to put the Captain's Yacht (good luck with that!). There is also along the sides of the hull, like what was done with both the Excelsior, and was done in a different way in one of Sternbach's illustrations, or they could be put below the bridge, like done in Franz Joseph's schematics for the Constitution.

9. dubeau

Anyway, I did part of the bridge. I did a part of the original Voyager shape but more in the back, and added a classic dome because on that model, the Voyager Dome just look out of place. You can see I did the upper saucer cutting too. I find the long lines cut very sexy...something I wanted from the beginning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. dubeau

Work the back part some more. Closed the upper part with what will be a force field, and fix the mess below...That will be where the captain yacht should be by the way. Done some work on the saucer for the letters and the main phaser and some cutouts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. dubeau

Work on the engines and nacelles quite a bit. Refine the shapes. Also this is not your typical JJverse engines. I felt this type of engines was better because it should look like a bit of Enterprise D model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. dubeau

Update on some part of saucer and the textures. As you can see, I will redo the letters later.
    I tried to add greebles on the side with a download pack, but it messed up everything and slow down Max a lot. I don't want to use the greeble plugin that much (That plugin generates unweld polygons and stuff like that in 2013)...so i am doing them by hand.

[​IMG]

13. dubeau

I have redone the letters and also the bridge. I decided to get rid of the original look and make something more in line with the concept. Added some escape pods. Modified the black (Added specular) and new dark green texture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. dubeau

Back end top area, panel cutting. And the transparent texture of the force field door for the main shuttlebay

[​IMG]

15. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Interesting... I like the gull wing look of the nacelle pylons.

-Ricky

16. dubeau

Madman, your the first one to comment. You win happiness for one day next week ;) .
    Thanks. This is just the general shape of the wing. I still need to put more work into them and the engines.

Bottom saucer with the escape pods. I had to redo the phaser because it was broken.

[​IMG]

17. dubeau

Worked quite a bit to finish the wing. Put door texture on the shuttlebay (Tired of it maybe)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. dubeau

Captain Chakotay's yatch. Done with a certain amount of details, near a Delta flyer but not there yet. That's why there is a space behind the ship (Not in front)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. dubeau

Area bottom and different views of the ship to date. Just a couple of things and I should attack the engine designs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Cool, it looks really aggressive in that last picture. :)