New Transformers RotF Footage SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Locutus of Bored, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Screencaps from the second part of the footage are in the link.

2. Tyson

Tyson Fleet Captain

1. What the hell is wrong with you?

2. There's lots of garbage Transformers anime to grab your attention, why are you still here?

3. Locutus of Bored

He's probably "still here" (one post means you're lingering around now?) because he's excited to see the movie, which you might have noticed in the same post had you not been in such a rush to jump down his throat for his subjective opinion of the prior cartoons.

It's a Michael Bay movie full of 'splosions, cheesy comedy, bad dialogue, and rapid fire cuts. It's going to get some criticism, even if people find it otherwise entertaining. If you're this insecure about the movie already due to a dislike of the cartoons, you're in for a long year of overreacting to complaints. Relax.

4. Tyson

Tyson Fleet Captain

I'm sorry, but anyone who likes anime and not the original cartoon (which I'm not a huge fan of) is retarded. End.

5. Locutus of Bored

As opposed to someone who apologizes before saying something insulting over an opinion about a cartoon they aren't even a huge fan of and then follows it up with a pretentious "end."

6. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

the cartoon sucked. the animated movie is a minor masterpiece. the Bay movie rocked. the G1 comics are awesome. most particularly Furman's stuff. END!

7. Bishbot

Bishbot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah the comics are the holy grail, but the cartoon is a lot of fun. Not because of the plots (which were frequently stupid) or animation (which was frequently cheap), but the characters are so memorable - the voice actors really do try their very best to transcend the material.

The animated movie is half great, half average, with just enough stupid in there that it doesn't feel entirely disconnected from the cartoon.

8. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

The "lubricating" scene was dumb, but the "crying" is a way for the producers/directors to connect to the very young children. Remember, this movie isn't for a bunch of middle-aged men to get their rocks off on. It's for children of ALL ages ;)

9. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought the whole exchange was great! "You'll still be my first car" - okay that line was kinda meh, but the rest was pretty good. And I'm still trying to figure out why Mikeala was changing out of her jeans and top into the white dress and grabbed that bunch of flowers? I mean, was she waiting for Sam to propose or something? Not that watching Megan Fox change clothes isn't fun... hehe... but c'mon she makes even a flannel shirt and jeans and workboots look provocative.

10. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Oh ho ho, I definetly need to pick up that particular toy! Love the R8 :drool:

11. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm definately buyin' that one too... ever since I saw that sucker in Iron Man last year it sort of went on my radar. Slick ass car. Although that new Corvette - Sideswipe - looks slick too. I'd like to repaint it black, add a fin and call it a batmobile LOL

12. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

^It indeed is, the R8 is actually even better in real life though. It's stunning how big a difference it is.

And the Corvette Concept is hot! But won't be made.

13. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd like to buy Devastator but it's nearly 100 dollars! :eek:

14. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has this been removed? I can't seem to find this footage.

EDIT: Well, found it at youtube at any rate

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  15. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What I would give to be one of the firefighters in the background.

16. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

I can't watch the video. Maybe it's the US-only bollocks again?

17. captcalhoun

no, Paramount are going around yanking it.

18. Locutus of Bored

19. payndz201

payndz201 Commodore Commodore

Someone spotted that Blackout is apparently back from the dead (he's on the left in the countryside scene where Optimus gets thrown towards Sam), so I'm holding out hope for the return of Barricade and that awesome Saleen police Mustang. :drool:

20. captcalhoun

orci confirmed that Barricade and Scorponok would return as well as Starscream, but he claimed Bonecrusher, Blackout and 'the tank guy' are all dead.