Music cues for each episode?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by BoredShipCapt'n, Aug 30, 2013.

1. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi-- Does anyone know of an online resource that lists the music cues used in each TOS episode and where they originate from (i.e., could be found on the recent CD boxset)? I came up with nothing on Google.

2. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The La La Land liner notes do not list out the music contents of tracked episodes; that would be a huge documentation task. Having that would be amazing, but we don't.

Also, for episodes with their own original scores that are supplemented by tracked cues, as a rule La La lists only the cues original to that episode.

Some prominent library cues are mentioned as to where they come into an episode, like in "Mirror, Mirror" the fight music and Kirk's "one man with a vision" cues are noted.

3. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks. I was hoping some OCD person might have started an internet project on this, but apparently not. :)

4. Myko

Myko Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Seems like something that could be added to Memory Alpha, but they guys over there are pretty nitpicky when it comes to content and format so I'm hestitant to start something myself.

5. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

The problem is having an accurate guide to work from. Other threads on here have discussed how even the Blu-ray's "original broadcast audio" mono track isn't quite correct, musically speaking.

6. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Would that be in the sound mixer's notes? Or music supervisor's? If such archives exist.

7. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

La La Land had access to those documents during the CD production process, but the studio is not making them public.

This subject has come up among fans who have the LLL box and the DVDs, and they've found that compiling a complete music listing for even one tracked episode is surprisingly difficult.

8. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

Can't remember if it was Neil or Jeff Bond but somebody made an offhand comment on the Film Score Monthly forums that if somebody wanted to transcribe said documents, it was a rather time consuming task, but...

I suspect the archive might have some issue with that. Typical. :p