Destiny - Let's Roll!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FPAlpha, Sep 9, 2014.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Take your thumb and plant it firmly... no wait, this is a family friendly forum, so I'll suggest playing another game ;)

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I started playing yesterday. I'm kinda bored of it already. I'd rather be playing Master Chief Collection (except that's on Xbox). I'm level 8, and I'm bored, I can't imagine needing to get another 20-30 levels before it gets interesting.

3. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

You know, I can totally see that. Getting bored with it is perfectly fine, a lot of people either felt the same way or burned out after a few weeks of playing it way too much. I still want to play it as much as possible, but it hits a few spots very specific to my preferences without which I would have stopped playing after about 10 hours.

To say Destiny isn't for everyone would be the understatement of the year. Either that one or "it didn't live up to the less than sensible expectations/overwrought marketing".

4. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

It's odd, I'm enjoying how it plays, for the most part and the rather threadbare story element is interesting as far as it goes, but I was never one for regular multiplayer, never mind MMOs.

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It is a very weird game, yeah.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbfspurB-Og[/yt]

7. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Lol....OMG, how many times my bike has rolled on me. :)

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Yeah, that's where I'm at right now. 3/10.

Just hit 21 yesterday on my Titan. My 20 hunter and 13 WL will probably collect some dust now, I'm enjoying the Titan way too much.

I'm sorta glad I have to work on Saturdays at least in the respect that it keeps me from burning out on Destiny due to lack of variety and breadth of content. (If I wasn't working today, I would happily sink +8 hours into grinding.) Oh well, MCC is in the mail, DA:I will follow shortly. Too many games, too few time.

9. martok2112

Yeah, I need to experiment with some of the other classes.

Over the course of three hours this night, I picked up three Legendary engrams....one after a Crucible match, and two from the Post Office....and those two from the P.O. Were in a matter of minutes.

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Everything not saved will be lost - What Destiny tells us about life, the universe, and everything.

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7renQhqEyo[/yt]

13. martok2112

Very cool! :) I have the Red Death pulse rifle. It's pretty sweet!

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Nice, the one with the bayonet style mounted knife :techman:

I'm also really enjoying my new ridiculous EV-30 Tumbler sparrow, it's super fun goofing around with it. (The fiancé calls it "Tony Hawk/Mat Hoffman meets Destiny".)

[​IMG]

15. martok2112

Yeah, I got a Tumbler too.... Love going airborne and making it roll....except when I misjudge, land on me 'ead, smack dab in the middle of a Cabal group. :)

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I just don't like saying it. "Got mah Tumbler!" - "What, you have a blog now?"

17. martok2112

:guffaw:

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Got my Moctezuma-Polyphonic yesterday. Nothing more important than a LEGENDARY cosmetic item :lol:

19. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Been checking out The Dark Below DLC yesterday, did the first new story mission.

I'm kinda surprised the first mission is tuned/recommended for level 24+, I expected 20-ish to cater to more people.

Instead, it was surprisingly difficult to solo the first time through with my 26 Titan and the second mission was even harder. Not sure this is a smart progression as the story missions should be the lowest common denominator for your more casual playerbase. The way the tuned the difficulty, not a lot of casual players are ever going to see them without friends helping them out.

20. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Overall, would you say it's worth the money? I enjoy the game, but I'm just not sure £20 is justifiable for a bit of DLC.