Absolute worst character in DS9 History: Ezri Dax

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by ZeNd, Jan 21, 2013.

1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

We started as a small renegade cabal, but we're expanding our forces...

That's unfair to cedar planks. I know some shakes who are true thespians. They've turned falling off the house into an art.

2. Kira Nerys

Kira Nerys Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't think she is the worst character but it wasn't well planned with the sudden departure of Terry Ferrell .The producers were trying to rush a character into the last year.They should have taken the charcter of Dax off screen rather do what they did.

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Except, again, she was a Trill. When you've got an alien whose whole schtick is that they move from host to host, how do you not explore that if the opportunity presents itself?

It would be like not bothering to have Doctor Who regenerate . . . .

Plus, after six years of writing the same characters week after week, the writers were probably thrilled (Trilled?) to have a new toy to play with!

mlbach, Lous and QuantumMechanic like this.
  4. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Insert "wooden Indian" joke here.

5. ZeNd

ZeNd Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ban. I actually loved his character and him and Bashir's relationship. Also fit in with the series long infauation of Bashir's interest in spys (Garak).

6. ZeNd

Wow this is also a ban. Rom was awesome. Nog was a bit questionable but not bad. Rom had his moments of being the most funny character on the show and had great character development.

Betelnut likes this.
  7. Ryva Brall

Ryva Brall Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, Rom was annoying sometimes, but he had some great scenes with Quark. "When you see how much your body's worth, you'll wish you'd died years ago!" :D

Now LEETA, on the other hand, was a million times worse than Ezri.

Lous likes this.
  8. ZeNd

She had big boobies so she was okay in my book.

9. Ryva Brall

:rofl: Are you sure you're not a Ferengi?

10. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At least they were honest about why Leeta was around unlike other shows that try and justify characters in tight revealing clothing.

Leeta: I have brains!
    Quark: Sure you do honey. That's why I hired you. Now eat up and take those "brains" where the customers can get a good and long look at them.

:p

11. ZeNd

One of my favorite lines :techman:

12. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ban.

13. Ryva Brall

What TheGodBen said. Nobody disses Nog on my watch. :p

Betelnut likes this.
  14. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

The only Ezri episodes I don't like are the first one where she gets to the station, and the one with the vulcan serial killer.

At first it seemed like the writers knew they had so little time to develop her they had to shove her down our throats immediately, and that's how it felt after that episode. Then, ugh, that vulcan serial killer. That episode is terrible all the way through.

Starting out with the blatant 'frame the scene for obvious tragedy', then with Joran trying to Hannibal Lecter her by insisting that the fact that all the victims have emotional photos showing means that the killer is a vulcan, then '...It was the logical thing to do'. That episode is Threshold bad.

They did a generally good job with Ezri, but she wouldn't have worked well as a long term character since she has a job that has to use writearounds to participate in the action.

15. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Ezri Dax is best Dax.

I liked him as a character (he showed that the sentience of holograms was a product of advancing tech, and that the Doctor on Voyager was not a special snowflake), and he wasn't too annoying.

But as a concept? Dumb. A holographic councilor might work...if there wasn't a real one right there! Plus, they used him way too much. One episode, maybe, and then the ending like they did. But several? No, especially not at that point in the show, and especially when they are focusing so hard on another cast member.

16. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The only time Vic didn't make sense for me was Mirror-Vic, a real person, though that was just a setup for a joke.

Grendelsbayne likes this.
  17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

At that point the writers had given up trying to make the Mirror Universe episodes make any kind of sense! :p

18. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

You got it wrong: Nog was awesome. Rom was a one-note character, a disgrace, a panto caricature.

19. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I just love Dax in general, I love Ezri! Not saying Ezri Dax is best Dax, but is very very good.

I love that little speech. It works even better because we've seen the truth of it over... what, 10 years by that point? And it was the sort of thing Jadzia or Curzon would never have said, so it had to be somebody "new."

Yes! I've been saying this since... whenever season 7 aired. '99, right? The Ezri/Bashir thing was nice enough but uninspired and too much "Bashir got her after all," the Ezri/Worf thing was just a bad idea (which they realized). But how fun would it have been for Ben to have to deal with Jake dating one of his closest confidants, and who'd probably seen Jake in diapers (now that could be awkwardly fun for the show). Plus, it would have given Jake something to do.

Oh no, you're one of those people? :p

Lous and Grendelsbayne like this.
  20. FFunctionalData

FFunctionalData Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

nah she was cool