Loved Trek Characters You Just Don't Like

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Bry_Sinclair, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Kinokima

Kinokima Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think Spock is probably the most popular and iconic character of Star Trek. He's a great character and there really wasn't anyone like him when Trek came out. He is absolutely integral to Star Trek, at least TOS. So yeah I don't understand anyone who doesn't like him (although I like McCoy more ;) )

Granted I never understood character hate to begin with (probably why I should have stayed out of this thread lol).

There are characters I am indifferent too, but I can't say I hate any character. If I hate a character it more has to do with the writing than that character. And if I don't like the writing it is usually for more than one character.

2. LilyThompson

LilyThompson Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

We think alike. I agree with every word you said except McCoy. I like him and Spock equally.:vulcan::hugegrin:

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Spock's all right. I do think he gets way more hype than he delivers on though. I'm talking about Nimoy Spock. Quinto Spock is just meh.

4. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

Ask the thousands of J/C`s.;);)

I wouldn`t say "hate", but I don`t like so much:
    O`Brien, Tasha Yar, Troi, Kes, Chekov, Quark, Sulu

5. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Hell, even Robert Beltran didn't love Chakotay!

:lol:

;)

6. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

:) I don't know for sure, I just do not like him. Whenever an O'Brien 'centric episode would come on DS9 I would groan and suffer through...that is if I didn't fall asleep.

I also don't care much for the actor, so I'm sure that has something to do with it as well.