Who was Future guy

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Xzpezer, Feb 18, 2014.

1. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Had he not been killed off In a Mirror, Darkly, I think it would have been kinda awesome if Future Guy=Mirror Universe Archer.

2. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

But he's seen later to warn Archer in "The Xindi."

3. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Archer was always my theory. It was the only thing that made sense to me.

What's funny is, I assumed that the events of Broken Bow was a Star Trek (2009) Gambit. To free them from continuity....and then all the creators said, "No no. It all fits"

And then a bigger mess is made when we're told that the Enterprise-NX01 was supposed to have been destroyed way before.

My biggest beef with Enterprise was most of the Vulcans being way too emotional. Plenty of actors have shown you can get everything across you want too and still be 'Vulcan'.

But I loved even Blalock's early work. There was nothing wrong with the complete poker-face she had, and I loved how she evolved.

4. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah his future self warns him. His future self also saved the Enterprise from exploding in the season 1 episode 'Cold Front'.

I'm liking the idea of it being mirror universe archer too. We aren't 100% sure if he actually died in that episode.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think the point was, the timeline did change, but those chages led to the TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY timeline (see: "In a Mirror, Darkly" and "These Are the Voyages" which tie directly to TOS and TNG episodes) and not away from it.

7. Shik

Shik Commander Red Shirt

It's the 3 most important things in business.
    No, it was Gene Ray. The Temporal Cold war was caused by the Federation's refusal to adopt the stardate, which is based on the principles of Nature's Harmonious Cubed Day.

8. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

He must have been the leader of The Soulless Minions of Orthodoxy.

9. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, something about his seemed Romulan - or part Romulan - to me.

10. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am.

As for my master plan, I'm kind of making it up as I go along. From my perspective the story's not 'done' yet so no spoilers, yet. (Though I'm assuming I win, and I eventually make a goal which I achieve.)

11. Mister Spock

Mister Spock Commander Red Shirt

He was Al Calavicci. Sam Beckett spent the best part of five years trying to put Jonathan Archer's future right.

12. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

I may have missed that, what are you referring to please?

:)

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

^In "Cold Front", it is implied that the destruction of Enterprise (prevented by Sillek) is what should have happened.

14. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Ahh, but with ENT it's difficult to say if that was the actual event that occurred in the prime timeline, or just one of the infinite alternate timelines that that series dealt with on a regular basis.

For the time being I'm going to consider part of the prime timeline until I can review the episode again.

:)

15. Echtzeit

Echtzeit Lieutenant

I always imagined Future Guy would be Romulan.

16. wtriker1701

wtriker1701 Commander Red Shirt

I thought, at the very beginning, it would be Ambassador Soval. The voice, the characteristics... they kinda fit.
    I thought he wanted to prevent Vulcans and Humans working together... or the exact opposite.

17. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPcJFY2iCto&feature=youtu.be[/yt]

18. TheAdmiralty

TheAdmiralty Commander Red Shirt

Brannon Braga. He was trying to keep the show from getting canceled. But in the original timeline it didn't make it past season 3, so it was a partial victory.

19. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Since they didn't know what to do with that story line, it's just as well it was canceled before they pulled a Lost ending or something equally lame. I thought the Vulcan story line was more interesting.

20. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

I think the whole series is based on the events of the movie "First Contact" (as seen in "Regeneration"), which in combination with Future Guy makes Enterprise a different timeline from the one we knew before.

My theory is that this is a prequel to the nuVerse timeline, which seems to be different even before Nero messed everything up.