What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Just Cause 2. I've found the spiritual successor to Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction!

2. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^If you've not checked it out yet, Just Cause 3 was one of the games I had the most fun with last year.

3. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

My buddy is playing it as well, apparently it opens really well and gets long in the tooth (repetivite) later on.

I still kinda wanna go back to Far Cry 4, but I can't see it happening given my backlog (and remaining bit of aimless-open-world-fatigue).

4. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

There are very few open world games I really enjoy. They get repetitive and my focus drifts. I either just end up doing random shit until I'm bored or get stuck searching for the quests and quit. FarCry 4 I finished. I'm 5 or 6 hours in to Primal now and still quite enjoying it. Though I can see it getting old pretty quickly.

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Maybe the key here is to really try and laaaaser focus on the main story, although to me that always feels hard/counter-intuitive in these kinds of games. A "just get it over with" approach to having fun with a game does sound a bit like an oxymoron :lol:

6. Bob The Skutter

Yep, plus focusing straight on the main storyline tends to leave you without the character upgrades you need to finish it Right now the next mission is listing itself as hard, it's only the second or third real story mission, I've hunted, collected more tribe members, tamed animals, and yet it seems like a big ask mission still. I guess that's why I liked Fallout 3, it was open but there was never difficulty finding things to do, wander the map and something would pop up, you didn't need to do stunts or things that are only fun for a short time to keep it going. So far this is pretty similar in those terms. Wander and find a totem or a shrine, a cave or another side mission, and it feels like progress if really you're just killing time and/or grinding your XP.

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Yeah, that busywork kind of feeling is a dealbreaker now.

Dragon Age: Inquisition's big story missions were gated similarly through gratuitious open-world activities, and it completely broke my will to complete my fast-tracked second playthrough. Up to the first big gated mission, I was overjoyed how much better the pacing felt, right up to the point where I hit that wall.

8. Bob The Skutter

9. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My second playthrough of Inquisition seems to have hit a wall too. So far, this is the only Bioware game I own that has been finished only once:(

10. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Pokémon Shuffle -- working on grinding for coins right now. Hoping to play some Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth later on along with some Pokémon X.

11. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

DOOM. It took a while tp get it going swiftly on my humble three-year-old PC, but now I'm enjoying it. So far, it resembles a decent fusion of previous entries in the series and is a very satisfying game in its own right. Looking forward to the mod explosion!

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

The wife and I are playing the Far Harbor DLC for Fallout 4 (XBONE).

Also, I'm trying to get around to playing the Uncharted Collection on PS4.

13. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. I'm only an hour in, and my body has aged a decade from stress.

14. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Pokémon Shuffle. Been working to get more coins.

15. Mick

Mick Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan. HORRIBLE DECISION.......JUST HORRIBLE......

16. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Since my younger nephew is out in the Panhandle with his dad for a few weeks, I can play some Halo in peace & quiet! He's always buggin' me whenever I put a disc in...

This mornin', its Halo Reach on my xbox 360! Unlocked two achievements (first ones in almost two years, y'all!) - "I Need a Weapon" (completed the 4th mission on Normal or harder) and "Your Heresy Will Stay Your Feet" (killed the Elite Zealon before he escaped during the 5th mission)!

17. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Checked out the FFX XV Episode Duscae on PS4.

Looks fun, although the English VO is atrocious. Japanese with subtitles it is :D

18. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I've been playing the Valkyria Chronicles remaster on my PS4 for a little while now. It's one of my all-time favorite games (I already played it on the PS3).

19. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Overwatch OE (XBONE)

20. Bob The Skutter

I'm expecting Dungeons 2 to be delivered today. I don't know too much about it but it looks like Dungeon Keeper.