The Blacklist, season 3 *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by auntiehill, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Red could still be her father. Why were her mother and "father" fighting that night? Did she just tell him Red is/could be the father?

2. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

That was probably the best episode of the Blacklist ever! Even before the episode, I wondered if Tom Connolly would be killed, I figured it would be either Red or Tom. Having Keen do it, was fantastic. I loved the whole, "I'm a small cog in a much bigger wheel" and then boom. The look of disbelief as he was falling backwards, priceless. I also have to give a special shout out to Harold Cooper, I've always liked the actor Harry Lennix. When he told Keen to pull herself together, he wasn't going to blubber in the car together. Fantastic, his rage as he push the doctor against the wall, even better.

3. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

No, the man who was married to Lizzie's mother is no longer in play. I'm convinced that Red is her biological father and that he had an affair with the Russian spy-woman. Likely, this was what the argument was about.

But I have to agree with you that it's possible, even likely, that she's still alive.

4. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Megan Boone on a podcast with Larry King said Liz isn't Red's daughter, but that could change with writing next semester. For instance, she remembers the shooting, but we don't know how complete her memory really is. Liz can well believe that man she shot was her father, but that doesn't preclude Red turning out to be her actual father.

It's always been my thought that Liz is Red's daughter whom he is, ultimately, training to take over his affairs since he knows he can't live forever. I am thinking, with this Cabal business, that Red got involved with them ages back and disappeared to become a major player with them. Currently, the senior players, like him, are aging and in the midst of handing over power or being overthrown by the next generation. Liz is Red's successor in his grey world of power.

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was a bit disappointed that the obvious character who would side with the cabal actually ended up being the character who joined the cabal. I was half-expecting him to be working with Red to infiltrate the organization.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Excellent finale. I was very surprised when Lizzy killed Connolly and went off into hiding. I'm glad they didn't neatly resolve it in a single episode. And the revelation that Lil'Lizzy killed her father was another great shocker that worked great. And to me, it finally settles the fact that Red is NOT her father which I've always said.

7. Photoman15

As I said upthread, it does not settle that. Why were Mommy & Daddy fighting. Did she just tell him their daughter is really Red's? It actually makes it more possible now than it was before.

8. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Make you wonder how the 3rd season will play out with Lizzie and Red (again) on the run.

9. Gov Kodos

Resslar and the Unit implode, the Cabal oversteps itself in trying to stop the revelations and Mr Kaplan ends up being made President and pardons Red and Liz then in an Oval office conference Liz finds out Mr Kaplan is Katarina Rostova and this has all been a plan she and Red cooked up to take over the Cabal and rule the world.

10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Ok I'm in! ;) ;)

11. Aragorn

There's no way a DNA test wouldn't have been done on Red and Lizzie right off the bat. One of the 10 most wanted criminals surrenders on his own free will to the FBI but will only work with some raw, unknown agent who is adopted doesn't know who her birth parents are?

Plus the Cabal seems to know way more about her history than she does, so if she were Red's daughter they could've gotten to him through her any time.

Doesn't mean she won't end up being his daughter, it just seems awfully contrived the way the show's dealt with keeping that ball up in the air.

12. Gov Kodos

Yeah, I've seen a review or two talk about whether the show is threatening to head for 'Lost' territory where questions pile up to the point where the audience no longer believes or gets excited by the revelations since they know something will come along to contradict or undermine it before long. It's not there, yet, for me, but I hope they will commit to the back story they are building for Liz and Red and that a story builds on the past.

They need to clearly put Red and Liz's relationship as father/daughter or not out of our misery. If they do keep with him not being her father, fine, if that memory of the shooting turns out inaccurate, then they should come out and have Red be the father rather than continue a is he/isn't he possibility. Mystery is fine so long as it gets resolved rather than an irritating rinse and repeat Tantalus plot trick.

13. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

but didn't Red specifically say he wasn't her father in an episode? I'm trying to remember which one it was or that he actually said it.

14. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Still... the fact that in 2 seasons Liz could not simply get a DNA test is not very believable.

15. Aragorn

Yeah, he specifically told her one episode he wasn't her father.

16. Photoman15

And Red always speaks the truth

17. Aragorn

Well supposedly Red never lies to Lizzie, just leaves bits and pieces out. Don't know if the writing staff has been keeping to that though. I doubt the fans keep track of it like they did with Brent Spiner accidentally saying a contraction on TNG.

18. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

If one thing is clear, the only thing the writing staff is sticking to is whatever remains of what they've thrown at the wall.

19. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

He did, but that doesn't really mean two hoots in Hell, from where I stand. I still agree with Photoman, this issue is still wide open.

But they really need to resolve it, once and for all, next season.