The "Bride" of the "M'Ress Appreciation Thread"

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Redfern, Aug 22, 2007.

1. YJAGG

YJAGG Captain Captain

Re: The "Bride" of the "M'Ress Appreciation Thread"

Would there not be three to four pairs of teets?

2. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nah, not the way I draw or digitally render the character. More than a pair throws off the feminine symmetry. Until some production explicitly states Caitains have multiple pairs, I'll keep depicting them as I have. And since the odds are M'Ress and her species will be continually ignored in upcoming "official" productions, I guess I'll continue to draw her as I have for a very long time to come. ;)

Also, to paraphrase what Ptrope stated earlier in this thread, just because she may posses "some" attributes we associate with terrestrial felines does not been she possesses all of them. After all, how many cats have we seen that can walk, talk and run a spaceship's switchboard? :lol:

Sincerely,

Bill

3. Rattrap

Rattrap Commander Red Shirt

Well, at least none who will admit to it. :)

4. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's an anthropomorphized cat. What do you expect?

5. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

that's a terribly human-centric thing to say.

6. Rattrap

Or do Caitian fan artists draw three or four sets on their art of human women?

7. Redfern

Given the current Google imposed restrictions for this board, it's kinda' ironic the subject continues to dwell upon itty bitty kitty t*tties, whether they be single or multiple pairs. Actually, I'm surprised the in-line links for some of my more "suggestive" renders have not yet been removed. Of course, I've probably just "jinxed" myself. But I won't give Ptrope a hard time should that happen. He'll only do that because he's been "ordered" to comply.

Sincerely,

Bill

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  8. largo

its all in the name of scientific inquiry :vulcan:

9. JES

Well, Caitans were sort of designed in a sort of human-centric fashion.

10. largo

:vulcan: oh... you're one of THOSE. i thought you all went extinct in the 22nd century. caitians were not designed, they're evolved, the product of their unique environment. although they superficially resemble terran felines and humanoids, using that resemblance to project other specific traits onto them is unjust.

11. Redfern

"She's only a drawing."

"Shh!"

Hmm doesn't quite have the "Umph!" of the original "Camelot" stchick.

Sincerely,

Bill

12. JES

oh... you're one of THOSE. And I didn't think you even existed before at least the 22nd century

It is quite acknowledged that the Progenitor's seeded DNA ended up on a lot of planets, and influenced the evolution of quite a few species.

The feline-like appearance obviously most likely evolved independently on Kzin, where colonists then settled to Cait.

But the very humanoid appearance alone makes it quite clear that some seeded Progenitor DNA got into the mix, causing them to share an somewhat similar basic anatomy with many other species in the galaxy.

Any other humanoids just have that anatomy for other adaptive reasons.

13. Redfern

Aww, you're both mistaken!

We know a mining ship was lost in that sector of space, the, uh, "Crimson Muchkin", I believe. Within a parsec of its last known coordinates is an expanding "bubble" of chronoton particles. Such particles are left by temporal rifts. The Munchkin must have either entered an existing rift or somehow generated one. Now, some 2.3 million years ago, the star 15 Lynxis, the sun of the Caitian homeworld intersected with the path of the the chronoton "bubble". In fact, it first manifested at that time. The Munchkin must have exited the rift, then and there, effectively retroactively creating it. damaged by either the rift, the solar discharges, or both, the craft limped its way to the planet we now catalog as Cait in Federation Standard.

It's obvious, Caitians are the eveolved descendents of the ship's mascot, a domestic housecat that survived the crash...along with a human...lonely for companionship.

Well, that's the thesis set forth by Stanley Larkins from the Deneb colonies...currently receiving therapy at the Elba II facility.

Sincerely,

Bill

14. Redfern

[​IMG]

Not M'Ress related, but rather than start a separate thread, I'll keep my stuff within one.

I started this last Saturday after watching "The Time Machine" upon TCM for the umpteenth time. It started simply as an exercise to update and improve an earlier composition. Little did I know I would gain a new incentive in less than a week, one born from tragedy.

Both the Time Machine and the workshop are freebies generously shared by someone named "Morpheus". The period toolbox and its contents are by a friend named Xaa, the blueprints and oil can come from a DAZ product.

I know what some of you are thinking. Nothing should be illuminated upon the Time Machine without a pilot. True; but I don't have a likeness of Rod Taylor and the thing just looks more interesting with everything glowing.

Sincerely,

Bill

Mad Jack Wolfe likes this.
  15. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nicely detailed :)

16. Rattrap

Given the reason for doing it, I think the idea of the machine continuing without its creator lends a certain poignancy to the piece. Nice work.

17. Mvilu Uatusun

Mvilu Uatusun Cadet Newbie

I created a feline species known as the Mory. They are a created species that have much in common with humans, including plantigrade feet and a pair of permanently enlarged breasts on the females. However, during pregnancy, a extra pair of breasts will enlarge for each pair of cubs over two. In other words, if the female is pregnant with three or four cubs, she'll grow one extra pair of breasts. Perhaps the Caitlins are like this as well.

18. Redfern

Hmm, the question of how many pair of mammary glands a Caitian or some other fictional anthropomorphic mammal might possess seems to trigger rapt fascination for many. As dopey as this may read, I'm (usually) more intrigued by the notion of a cute kittenish face. A dainty little nose pad, a pert, short muzzle and glimmering eyes with slitted pupils hinting at the sapient mind behind them.

Besides, I only have two hands, a single pair should suffice. :whistle:

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

It really depends on how they feed their young. Caitians being more humanoid in shape would give birth more like humans, therefore a greater degree of 1-3 children only, creating redundancy in the smaller glands as well as upright posture?

20. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

What if they come out kitten size while the mother is human size? They could have pretty big litters, yes?