Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Nine of Four

Nine of Four Commander Red Shirt

I would also like to see more Easter eggs. Laughed my ass off in the Avengers Easter Egg.... :)

2. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Half a page on Onomatopoeia?

"Telepathy doesn't exist" is exactly what Xavier would program everyone into believing is gospel.

4. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

While I have been enjoying it, I do agree that I was expecting more appearances from content from the comics. I know they want to leave stuff for the movies, but I wouldn't mind getting some more episodes like the Graviton one.

6. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Commander Red Shirt

I am enjoying this series but I am not a comic book fan but I love Scifi & Fantasy

7. Guy Gardener

Does that mean that you have not read comics, or that you would never read comics?

Is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. a gateway medium for comicbooks?

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'd be happy to see more references or elements from the Marvel Universe on the show, but it's not necessary; the show is great as it is. Plus which, it's not really the Marvel Universe, it's a variation on it (neither is the Marvel Universe anymore for that matter).

9. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, awesome, thanks!

10. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That would certainly be a hope to maintain and fulfill.

To trekkiebaggio: You're welcome!

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It's only been on for four weeks. If they threw in comics references too often, people would be complaining that they're too dependent on the comics and not establishing enough of their own identity.

12. Guy Gardener

But it's invisible to the mundane public.

I remember a sitcom where an over protective parent thought that his son was dating an ethnic girl called Poonanny, so dad is stomping around school trying to find her to make sure she's on the up and up, and good enough for his boy asking the other students "Where is Poonanny? I want to find Poonanny? Poonanny! I need to get my hands on Poonanny!"

We are talking another language.

Not only will they never know, half the time, we don't know.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Guy it's time to start taking the whole pill instead of breaking them in half.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess this could be kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.
    Arrow has managed to work in a fair amount of stuff from the comics and still maintains it's own identity. But, I guess that could be different since that is based on a specific comic series and character, while AoS is a new creation that is set in a universe based on the comics.

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That's because it often just takes a name from the comics and creates an entirely new character around it, like Felicity Smoak, or reinvents a character as something more mundane, like turning Count Vertigo into a drug dealer or Firefly into an arsonist with a firefly tattoo.

Except Arrow has already used a ton of characters and ideas from different series. Felicity Smoak is a Firestorm character, Slade Wilson/Deathstroke and Brother (Sebastian) Blood are Teen Titans villains, Floyd Lawton/Deadshot was originally a Batman foe and then a Suicide Squad stalwart, etc. It's drawing freely on nearly the whole DC universe. So in that respect, the shows aren't so different.

16. Guy Gardener

There's one thing I want to hear this season on Arrow that will never happen... "President Luthor" :)

17. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

just watched episode 4.

I've now reached the point where I'm so uninvolved with both the plots and characters I'd have bailed if this wasn't part of the MCU.

18. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Ditto.

No, wait... I have bailed. :alienblush:

19. Nine of Four

Nine of Four Commander Red Shirt

One thing I would definitely want to see is way more characters introduced, straight from the pages of the comics. Another thing that might be interesting is if they brought Spider-man in, in a two-part episode, then make him a part-time member, just so that one of the members actually is a superhero and not a generic spy, scientist, or "rebel".

20. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Sony owns the rights to Spidey. Marvel has the animation rights. (Hmm. If Spidey is presented as all CGI, maybe they could get away with it.;):lol:)