DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    The Rock in an interview on CBR and perhaps playing a DC character.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...lks-up-hercules-teases-badass-dc-comics-role/

Please, please, Santa Clause, let it be Black Adam.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

He certainly looks like Black Adam, but does he have the acting chops to play that arrogant and tragic semi-heroic figure?

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes. He's perfect for Black Adam. Personally I think Johnson would be great as either Lobo or Black Adam, or even John Stewart.

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

The article I read said he's playing Lobo.

5. Admiral_Young

Yeah, he's certainly hinted at that and he was of course attached at one time, I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be the role.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

A lot of the stuff I've seen keeps talking about John Stewart for Dwayne Johnson, but I could see Lobo or Black Adam working for him too.

7. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I am getting caught up on my Aquaman reading and have this pressing question.

How does Aquaman sleeping for six months fit into the rest of the Forever Evil story. Is Aquaman now taking place six months after the beginning of Forever Evil?

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Surely that depends on how Forever Evil concludes?

9. Admiral_Young

We've not seen Arthur during the entirety of Forever Evil thus far and Manta has had his trident...I believe he gets his trident IIRC when he wakes up...so yeah my assumption that he wakes up after Forever Evil.

Forever Evil #7 has been pushed back a couple of times now...so I'm guessing that DC is timing it to release it with something else.

10. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing it's because Finch never heard of this thing called deadlines or meeting them

I pray he doesn't draw WW, it'll be delayed more than Heinberg's relaunch and that took a year for Heinberg to write 5 normal sized issues!

11. Admiral_Young

Finch is drawing WW and his wife is writing...it'll be interesting to see if the book gets out of it's first arc without any delays or if that hurts it's sales. I'm really not sure why editorial gave them something as high profile as Wonder Woman. Surely there were other options?

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know that they are both going to take turns dressing up in the same Wonder Woman costume to inspire story ideas for the other?

13. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

What are the guidelines for actual spoilers in this thread?

Aquaman is there in the fight during Justice League 23, with his Trident. Then there is Manta and Ocean Master specials that directly tie in with the attempt to free Orm as seen in Aquaman 23.

In order for this to make sense in continuity, Aquaman needs to witness whatever happens when the Crime Syndicate arrives, return to Atlantis for the entire Death of a King storyline that would take place between Justice League 23 and Forever Evil 1 and then fall into a coma sometime after Forever Evil 1, from which he will wake up six months later.

I love the Johns run on Aquaman, but this seems like a pretty big gap to me--so much so that I am having visions of Countdowns "lead in" to Final Crisis.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  14. Admiral_Young

15. Hound of UIster

We are rid of Matt Idelson for better or for worse.

Too bad about Doyle. That might mess up the Batbooks. The new Detective Comics was amazing visually. Both Action and Detective hit it out of the park for once this week.

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEZKeD_-IWY[/yt]

17. Admiral_Young

18. Hound of UIster

So more Lobdell?

19. Admiral_Young

I think so...but don't remember who is doing the book now. I know he's back on Red Hood. Sigh.

20. Admiral_Young

Just finished Wonder Woman #29...I'm going to miss Azzy dearly when he wraps up in a few issues. I have absolutely zero interest in whatever the Finches are planning for Diana, nothing has held my interest with Wonder Woman since probably her introduction in "Justice League" the animated series. This is also a great example of how you plot out and execute a "long term" arc. As far as I'm concerned, there hasn't been a bad or boring issue and Cliff Chiang along with his stand-ins have been excellent. Can't wait for the final arc to begin.