Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth/final seasonfinal

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, May 17, 2013.

1. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

Have they said either of those two on screen? I would've thought WWII represented the end of the Empire more than WWI.

My knowledge of Russian history is extremely flaky but how would Napoleon's failed invasion attempt represent the "fall" of Russia - or was it more a case of the Empire overtaking Russia?

dJE

2. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

IIRC, not everything has made it to "the screen", but the syfy website carries warehouse back stories.

http://www.syfy.com/warehouse13/history

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Alas, at the moment, I'm not aware of any more WH13 novels in the pipeline. It was a one-book deal and the editor in charge has since moved onto greener pastures. I keep hoping somebody else will pick up the license, but with the show going off the air, that's probably a long shot.

(In general, publishers want to get in on the Next Big Thing, not something that's winding down.)

4. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

Who knows? Maybe at some point we'll still get that H.G.-spinoff (depending on how long Defiance runs).

5. JanewayRulz!

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That's a shame, but there's always hope. Thirty years later, Kolchak novels and anthologies were being published. Maybe somebody at Moonstone likes WH13. :D

7. Greg Cox

Heck, Moonstone just put out a new anthology of stories featuring the old 1940 pulp hero, THE AVENGER. (No relation to Steve and Tony, or Steed or Emma). And I did mention that I have a story in the collection?

A shameless plug, I know, but since you mentioned Moonstone . . . :)

8. RJDiogenes

Shameless plugs are good-- I should do that more often myself. :rommie: I wish I had known that yesterday when I put in my order for the Doc Savage and King Kong crossover novel. Well, it's in my shopping cart for next time.

9. JanewayRulz!

I feel so sorry for Myka.

Goodbye Helena.

We're going to miss you.

Have a great life.

10. Greg Cox

Honestly, I'm hoping that is just a temporary detour for Helena. Myka had it right the first time: who wants H. G. Wells to settle down and live happily ever after as a suburban mom?

"The 147-year-old father of science fiction" deserves a better sendoff.

11. JanewayRulz!

Oh god, yes... but will TPTB give it to her?

I felt for Myka NOT because of a lost "M/H ship" but because Myka lost something more important, a female role model... a "friend" who could understand what she was going through on a "chromosomal" level. Pete is a guy, Claudia is a youngster, but Helena was not only a female agent but a scifi icon who saved her from a runaway car... and whom Myka saved from self destruction.

When Myka realized that Helena was no longer hiding from "her" due to the astrolabe, but because she was distancing herself from all things warehouse... I think she felt like a leper.

It broke my heart.

12. RJDiogenes

I think we'll see HG again before the end. Probably the little girl, too. The kid is obviously destined for great adventures with a mentor like Helena.

This was really an outstanding episode, though. Great character stuff all around, from Pete teasing Jinks about old stereotypes to the dynamic between Claudia and Angela to Claudia's admission that she really wants to be Caretaker to the latest evolution in the relationship between Myka and Helena (including the Lesbian joke, which was obviously a wink at the audience).

And it was a really interesting artifact, too. I don't think we've ever seen anything that old. It was kind of amazing and creepy.

And the Warehouse grows....

13. JanewayRulz!

Yeah... that was pretty cool. It was also cool that Einstein once worked on it.

14. RJDiogenes

Didn't Pete say that Einstein should have his own section? :rommie:

15. Greg Cox

I think he said Hitchcock should have his own section.

Which, of course, would have to be in the north-by-northwest corner of the Warehouse . . ..

16. JanewayRulz!

:guffaw:

17. RJDiogenes

Oh, yeah, Hitchcock.

North By Northwest. :rommie: There better be another WH13 novel, so you can work that in. :D

18. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wonderful episode. It was great to see Helena get a second chance at finding happiness.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I missed the episode, and they don't appear to be reairing it, so now I have to wait until it's up on Hulu next month.

20. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Tonight's was OK. Was hoping to see a bit more into Jink's life. I liked the way the stood up for him. "You need us to hate him? We can totally hate him."

However, I think I found Beethoven's clock more interesting than the Pompeii jug.