What is your favorite Star Trek uniform?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by RyuRoots, Apr 25, 2009.

?

Which Starfleet uniform do you enjoy the most?

1. TOS TV Show Uniform

33 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. TOS: TMP Uniform

15 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. TOS Movies 2-6 Uniform

74 vote(s)
    24.9%
  4. Early TNG Uniform

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  5. TNG Season 3-7 Uniform

23 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Early DS9/Generations Uniform

16 vote(s)
    5.4%
  7. Late DS9/First Contact-Nemesis Uniform

107 vote(s)
    36.0%
  8. ST: Enterprise Uniform

27 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

BAH! I don't understand the hate for those season 1-2 TNG uniforms. I wouldn't vote for them as the best ones, but I certainly like them more than the uniforms used in season 3 to 7 of TNG and am proud to have a Jean-Luc Picard action figure wearing one. At least Picard and Riker didn't have to constantly pull down the damn tops of those first uniforms! :klingon:

2. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

For me, I like the First contact/Late DS9 uniforms the best, with the movies II to VI uniforms pulling in a close second. I like them the best mainly because of the fact that they were all the same with only varying undershirt colors.

As for dress uniforms, I loved the First Contact dress uniforms. IMO they were the only dress uniforms that actually looked dressy. The dress uniforms from the late TNG era just didn't look like dress uniforms to me, because they retained the division branch color scheme... I don't think a red, blue, or mustard yellow anything would do well as some type of dressy uniform.

The early DS9/Voyager uniforms and the TNG seasons 3-7 uniforms tie for third place for me... Actually, the Voyager uniforms are probably slightly slightly slighty ahead...

Next for me would be the Star Trek XI uniforms, I actually liked them more than the original uniforms from TOS (I have a thing for layering I guess lol).

That would be followed by TOS uniforms, then the early TNG, with TMP uniforms coming in last.

I do also agree, the captains variations for TNG Picard, Sisko/FC Picard, and TOS Kirk were really interesting, and I liked them.

3. dave_R_treker

dave_R_treker Captain Captain

I voted for the late DS9/First Contact one.

4. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

When were there dress uniforms in First Contact? Are you referring to the white ones in Insurrection and Nemesis? I thought all that was worn in First Contact was uniforms and civilian clothes.

5. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think the intent was "the dress uniform variants of the uniform that debuted in First Contact", or something along those lines. Indeed, the black/gray uni dress only appeared in Insurrection, Nemesis, and Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges, IIRC

6. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

I meant the First Contact type uniform set. :-) You're right, they didn't have the dress uniforms in First Contact, I just call those uniforms the "First Contact uniforms" because that was where I first saw them, and the dress uniforms in Insurrection and Nemesis go with the uniforms style I first saw in First Contact. Sorry for the confusion.

7. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

My vote goes to the Enterprise uniforms, they look like uniforms that would be much more comfortable and practical to work in that most of the other uniforms (pockets!). The space for unit/ship patches is a nice touch as well to help establish espirit de corps (don't have a clue if I spelt that right).

Have to admit, I'm quite partial towards the FC/late DS9 uniforms as well, if only for sleekness of the look, but the multi layers might make it uncomfortable if you go somewhere warm. Anyone know what the material/thickness was?

8. JTK2099

JTK2099 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I agree. I love the TWOK uniforms but they look more like dress uniforms than regular duty ones.

My favorite uniforms weren't in the poll. I love the uniforms from The Cage, especially the grey away team jackets.

9. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Didn't occur to add them 'cause I didn't realize they were different from the usual TOS uni. It HAS been some time since I've seen it.

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Relativity uniforms.

11. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gotta go with Late DS9 for me.

12. BigC

BigC Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Enterprise, mirror universe womans uniforms. :)

13. JTK2099

JTK2099 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I heard that! :techman: Not to mention, T'Pol looked hot in her TOS mini-skirt.

14. Tachyon

Tachyon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Voyager would have rocked the "grey ones". If only... *sighs*

[​IMG]

15. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    Say, that ain't bad. I still like the candy colors. ;)

16. borgfan8of5

borgfan8of5 Lieutenant Red Shirt

That would have been so nice, I don't get why they didn't update, after all, after they got communication with starfleet didin't they ever think of updating their own uniforms.

17. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll take an Enterprise flight-suit.

TNG uniforms from Season 3 onwards come a close second in my affection.

If I were to design a new one, I'd go with the Enterprise pattern but add Gold and Red variants, to complement the Blue. Keeping the black button shirt underneath. The overall shades for each department would have to be a darker colour, so the shoulder bands still stand out. A problem encountered by the costume designers, which meant Sciences crewmen had to be represented by an olive band.

18. Loupjo

Loupjo Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hesitated between early DS9 en late DS9/First Contact. The second ones were cooler, grittier and reflected the grittier atmosphere better. Now I like gritty a lot but I decided to go for generations/early DS9 as they seem to reflect ST as a whole better. More colorful, more optimistic, more hopefull.

19. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree they look good, but it would have been a silly waste of energy, time, and resources to change the uniforms in their situation.

20. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

After seeing ST09, I'd vote for the USS Kelvin uniforms. They look really sharp. I actually like them better than the TOS or ST09 ones.