Any old timers still around?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kgibsonuk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

Weird. Did you try ICQ itself or an emulation by some other IM software?

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Tried both and the website. Emailed support too and got no response.

3. rhubarbodendron

That sucks. It sounds much like an ICQ database problem as the error occurs both on real ICQ and on the emulations. Sadly, the quality of support is generally decreasing, not just with ICQ. :(

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I'm not old fashioned. :lol: I know she had a website she used to update more frequently than her other internet endeavors....

Hmm I quick search shows a few results.

RAMA

5. rhubarbodendron

I always liked the name Lizardlaugh. Btw, I didn't quite catch up with the rumours and gossip. Why did she leave in the first place? The TKers claimed she got banned but I can't imagine that. I've never known her any other than friendly and charming.

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Meh, LL was never banned. She just got more busy with RL.

7. rhubarbodendron

ah, that's what I had suspected. Thanks for the clarification, M'Sharak. Still, she left in rather a hurry and without a previous announcement. A health issue / family prob, judging by this suddenness? I hope it wasn't something too serious.
    It'd be nice to lure her back here. She was a very interesting poster and I liked her sense of humour.

Speaking of humourous incidents - what happened to Bedpan Elemental? BP once thought I was one of Che's duals, claiming that my English was too good for a non-native speaker (and apparently ignorant of the fact that Che's family hails from South-Western India so that he isn't exactly a native speaker of English either)

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Until you guys mentioned her the other day I hadn't heard the name Lizardlaugh in eons. I don't remember how much interaction I ever had with her but I guess it must have been positive.

9. rhubarbodendron

10. cooleddie74

I joined in the spring of 2001, so yeah, that timeframe makes sense. I must have introduced myself to every mod on the board when I was a green cadet and ensign.

11. rhubarbodendron

Ah, those were the days! The lounges were a good deal more active back then, too. Especially the Flaptains Lounge.

Does anyone happen to have Yu Wanker's email address? TerranBBS is in urgent need of a bugfix and Yu is MIA (presumably pinned down under a gazillion error messages). I've tried to contact him here but apparently he doesn't monitor his PMs. And I couldn't get into touch with him on Lonaf because my old accont there got pruned and registration is locked.

12. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

When AOL got their hands on it, they broke it quite handily. I still use my icqmail.com account on occasion and, while I could no longer log in with my email address (that I always could before), I was able to get into it with my AOL ID number. That is, after I get passed the screen that incessantly asks me for all my phone numbers, addresses and other PI. I really do wish AOL would just die once and for all. It's like a turd that won't flush.

13. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

I don't remember "the TKers" claiming that LizardLaugh was banned...

I wonder if she still thinks Ron is Dumbledore.

14. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

She was on myspace when I first got on there too, this was after she was a regular poster. She changed her look quite a bit. Darker scales...:lol:

RAMA

15. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

What do yall mean "old timers"? I think this thread is age discriminatory.

16. rhubarbodendron

Naah, it has nothing to do with your actual age, only with the date of your registration. Or first registration, in my case, as I am a "recurring character" ;)
    Besides, you've registered here 9 years ago, so you aren't exactly a baby yourself :nyah:

That's precisely why I use an emulation. No personal questions asked.
    For the same reason I quit facebook after a few weeks. They kept asking me for personal info which in their TOS they openly admit to selling to third parties. (they say that they respect your privacy, yet your real name, date of birth and all your pictures and posts belong to them!)

I don't recall if it was Red or RobL but either of them said she had gotten banned for leaking BR stuff to TK. I'll check my old chat logs, maybe I can find a reference to her.

Rama, I had a look at myspace but it appears her account there got deleted. Of course, it's possible that she just changed her name.
    I googled a bit but couldn't find anything newer than 2007 with her name in the net.

17. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

^Uhm... do a search on her profile here. Her last post was December 2009. ;)

18. Ulva

Ulva Keeper of the Coffee Admiral

Don't take it personally dude. :p Besides, you're in good company. :techman:

19. cooleddie74

I'm member #405 if that says anything about my longevity on the boards. All the three- or even two-digit posters have silver hair and need to log off in time for Matlock reruns.

Now turn down that music!

20. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ Holy crap! I just realized that (based on your post) I'm member #166! Now I REALLY feel old, especially now that user id's seem to be in the 5-digit range... :(