"...Twisted Web" Jan 2011 update

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Today, Jan 22, 2011.

1. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Great pictures. Thanks for letting us see.

2. AjaxSupportCrew

AjaxSupportCrew Lieutenant Red Shirt

Looks Great

3. AjaxSupportCrew

thanx for sharing

4. Today

Today Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

thanks guys.

5. Today

I've been working with LightWave on and off since around 2004 or 2005, but only really made any real progress in the last 2 or 3 years.

6. Today

7. Today

To elaborate somewhat: Since I made a point of posting the shot of Delta Vega's surface, thought I'd show that it can in fact be animated while still retaining the basic look of the original matte:)

So as I said, not technically an update.:techman:

Also, a little explanation of the yet-unamed project. It's actually a story I wrote a really long time ago.. in fact more than that, I actually filmed the whole thing on Hi8 tapes. The only catch being that I was in middle school at the time, so um, despite me having redone the effects some years later it's still never going to see the light of day. I still have a copy of the remastered version, circa 2003 my first year in college, with entirely paintshop driven effects added/painted onto the original footage. But yeah, me as a 13 year old? not going to be posting that anywhere anyone can see it:rommie:

The upside of this is that it's a relatively simple story that I already have written out and storyboarded (storyboards created for the 2003 remastering:mallory:), and was written with the idea of minimizing the number of labor intensive VFX shots.

And no, no amount of prodding could ever convince me to post the live action portion of the original. Although it might be possible to upload just the 2003 reedit VFX sequences, they actually turned out pretty well considering that they were basically hand drawn. Of course that would basically give away the majority of the plot:eek:

8. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

No mater what you say... these still look awsome!!!!

9. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Nice work indeed.

10. AjaxSupportCrew

Your pics look great !!! Animation looks awsum......

11. Today

Another teaser;)
    http://youtu.be/mEafUwg1wCc?hd=1

Pay no attention to the main viewer, the kobayashi maru animation from TWOK is only up there because I needed something animated to put on the screen and happened to have an animated gif of it handy.:p

12. scifib5st

Again, your work is very very good!!!! Please keep this site updated with all your ST work. Another great job to stand with ST Arora.
    Thank you for sharing your work.

13. Today

14. Today

I should mention: the one thing that will probably keep me from knocking out an animated short is my complete and total inability to model or animate human characters :techman:

15. Today

I may wind up trying to use a program like Poser to export characters complete with baked deformations. I'd hate to go that route since it requires extensive re-texturing and geometry cleanup, not to mention it can't directly export a rig, only poses.

Though I'll admit it can export in fbx, which is a handy interchange format since it can bake motions.

16. Today

Apparently you can export rigs... hmmm:rommie:
    [​IMG]

17. scifib5st

Well well well, things are looking goooooood. Keep up the good work. Can't wait for you to post some more. Now you will have to get some voice actors to do the dialog.
    Thanks

18. Today

Still a long way from that;)

Trying to make these characters look a bit less generic right now :)

[​IMG]