What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Oh, I haven't researched it much yet. I took a break from racing games after I exhausted the Most Wanted DLC earlier this year.

I guess it implies they've done it with NFS and Drive Club as they don't see people walking away mid-race quite so much as they would other gameplay. And with Destiny because of the 'open world RPG' idea they want to go for.

So we might not see it cropping up as much in other games.

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I hope so. I'd prefer to keep single player single player.

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I would too, but another problem with modern games is that the campaign is either a setup for multiplayer *and* DLC, or is continued with a season pass for DLC.

Making one coherent story playable offline is getting to be unfashionable in larger companies, but not all of them right now.

If enough people don't pay/play, they might not take it too far.

4. Bob The Skutter

The only game I've ever bought all the DLC for is Fallout 3. I did buy a season pass for Black Flag but that was because it was reduced to £6.99 with PS+.

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I know what you mean, there are technically 4 DLC's for Most Wanted but 3 of them are so small it's not worth paying £7 for them. The Terminal Velocity pack adds a huge airport, new cars, a new set of races and mods for all existing ones, music, unlockables etc.

I got the base game for such a bargin (1/3 or 1/4 of the original RRP) that that one pack amounted to the price of one decent game. That's the only reason I got it. All other DLC has been in vouchers with the base game itself.

I really don't go in for it, when I buy the base game (usually waiting for a bargin) I expect to get everything on it.

6. Bob The Skutter

I always tended to wait for bargain prices on all but the games I was most excited about, right now between PS+ and Boomerang I very rarely buy games. I'm thinking about buying the Whistleblower DLC for Outlast (which was free) because it's down to £2.90 or so.

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Oh, nice, I just got myself a PS4 and was watching Ali-A's Outlast walkthrough for Halloween. Might check it and the main game out.

8. Bob The Skutter

I played the main game through, it's fairly short but it was a free game and a proper old fashioned survival horror. Apparently the DLC is even shorter and a bit repetitive of the main game but it's been a while since I played it so it should be worth the 3 quid. There is a sale on at the minute, only till the 25th, I think, so if you're getting your PS4 soon check it out.

9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I watched the full walkthrough, well the Let's Play of him jumping at every sound and it does look very good, made for a good Halloween watch.

It's already on my 'to get' list, just not sure how much it is right now. I heard there's already talk of a sequel, a longer game than the first which should be fun.

10. Bob The Skutter

Sounds good to me. I think I'd enjoy that, if they could vary it from the original a bit more than the DLC sounds.

11. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Call Of Cthulhu

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Is Boomerang a Gamefly kind of thing? Looks sorta like from their webpage.

13. Bob The Skutter

Had to look up GameFly but yes, games rental by post. Paying £9.99 a month to rent games, one disc at a time. I joined about a year ago, may be a bit more. Then paid for a year upfront, for which you basically get 2-3 months free.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ That's a pretty cool deal actually if you're into playing a variety of games, especially for the types you know you'll be done with once you've played through once.

15. Bob The Skutter

Exactly. That's why I started using them in the first place. I had a couple of hundred games sat on the shelf that I looked at and thought "Most of those I'll never play again, and how much money did I spend?" Though to be fair right now it's more of a must. My finances have changed significantly and I can't afford to buy games like I did.

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Yeah, I can see that. With digital, shelf-space is less and less of a consideration, but the money-aspect definitely is. Even when you're not strapped for cash, 60 bucks a pop is a lot to stomach if you never return to a game.

For the franchises I'm really invested in, I'd still rather own the game, but there are games that are definitely one-and-done deals for me (games like GTA, Tomb Raider, Alien: Isolation, Shadow of Mordor). Come to think of it, I usually almost never return to open-world games (outside of open-world RPGs).

17. Bob The Skutter

Assassin's Creed Black Flag I bought last year because they had a sale on PS3 and a cheap upgrade to PS4, which made it about £20 cheaper than buying the PS4 version. But I don't think I've bought a game since Mario Kart. There's been very few games I need to own recently. Mario, Donkey Kong, I'll probably get the Toad game but very little else has kept enough interest for me to think I need to buy it, especially with the prices, £50-65 for a single game is too much. And with Unity and Rogue both having meh responses I don't see wanting to buy those for anything less than bargain prices.

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

You guys, just a quick reminder to not eat the hot dogs at the Horizon Festival in Forza Horizon 2.

[​IMG]

19. Bob The Skutter

Looks like a fun place to be.

20. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'm loving GTA5 (PS4) so far. Though I had to skip out of one section that I simply wasn't coordinated enough to do.