Does anyone have a Wii U or 3DS?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BlueMetroid, Jun 5, 2013.

1. BlueMetroid

BlueMetroid Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm a huge fan of both systems, and a Nintendo fan in general. I'd love to swap Nintendo Network ID's or Friend Codes if anyone's interested!

2. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, i have a Wi-u, plus you will find friends ID in the threads sticked above in this section so feel free to drop some fr request.

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I have a 3DS.

Definitely has a great gaming library. Unfortunately they added region lockouts so a lot of the games I would be playing on it aren't available to me.

I don't play it as much as I would otherwise because I find it a little bit uncomfortable to play handheld systems. Playing for more than half an hour or so hurts my neck. What I'd love is for them to come out with a version even larger than 3DSXL that you can set down on a table and play with a full size USB controller. That, or add video output like the PSP had so I can play it on my TV.

4. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a 3DS XL, but no Wii U. I'm waiting for a price cut and some good games to be released before I purchase it. It's not a question of if I buy a Wii U, but when I buy a Wii U.

As for the 3DS, I adore it. I lost interest with most console games last generation and grew to love the games on the DS and PSP. I love the convenience factor of grabbing the 3DS off your coffee table, flipping it open, and immediately playing a game. Want to stop playing? Close the lid and pick it up tomorrow. I absolutely love that. And the games are so much more innovative. Portable games have much lower production costs, so I think developers are willing to take more chances with quirky and unique ideas. Something like Etrian Odyssey, Locoroco, Patapon, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, or Theatrhythm Final Fantasy would never be able to justify a console-sized budget.

The only thing I dislike about the 3DS XL is how large and thick it is. Sure, the huge screen is very nice, but the system is about the same size as a Game Gear. It's not comfortable to hold for long periods of time and it's almost painful to walk around with that thing in your jeans pocket. The Vita is a much more reasonable size -- if only it had games.

5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I think the 3DS is going to have the majority of the best games in the next 5 years.

Just because it costs so much less to develop for that developers will take a lot more risks with their games on 3DS, and focus a lot more on gameplay and less on cutscenes than console games.

I just hate holding tiny screens up to my face.

BRING ON SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI IV!