Farscape Complete Series Deal of the Day

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by label, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

How d'you do that then? It's the bane of my life.

2. Deckerd

It's the cheerful 'up yours' to every science fiction that went before, whilst blatantly ripping off vignettes from just about every genre in big and small screen history (over the seasons) which made it so completely unique. That and a cast that weren't afraid to go for it.

3. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly the reaction I had.

Still, I was pleased. My last purchase from A&E video was all six seasons of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, and those take up a hell of alot of shelf space. I was expecting something similar with Farscape.

4. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I already accidentally ripped the crappy paper "box" it comes in. :(

5. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Depends on how you want to watch the DVD. For DVD drives there are software tools which override the region check.
    With hardware players it's a bit more tricky since it involves a little online research before buying. Many players are only locked down to a region through software settings, meaning by using specific button combinations on the remote/device or undocumented features in the on-screen menu you can reprogram it permanently to run region-free. Then the only thing that matters is to also have picked a player that can handle both NTSC and PAL video and convert between the formats if needed.

It will be a while until my DVDs arrive. This morning Amazon sent the package on its way, but delivery to another continent still takes its time.

6. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Damn, I paid a fortune for this back in the day. I envy those of you who were smart enough to wait.

7. Starbreaker

I actually received Season one as a gift back in 2003 or 2004. Two of the discs didn't work and I didn't realize it until a month later and never had a receipt and didn't realize you could call the distributor. Oh well. I'm glad I have the full set now.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or too broke to choose. :lol:

I have VCDs of the entire series, which I can toss out now. At one episode to a disc, that'll have me a lot of space.

9. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

... but still no subtitles, I take it. I bought the 2/3 episodes per disc DVDs in the early 2000's but the lack of subtitles annoyed me given the relatively high price.

10. AntonyF

AntonyF Official Tahmoh Taster Rear Admiral

Well I paid £100 a season.

But Ben Browder has made it totally worth it. :D

11. AntonyF

AntonyF Official Tahmoh Taster Rear Admiral

VCD! Oh that takes me back...

12. Deckerd

You couldn't deny yourself for all those years, waiting for the price to come down.

13. Starbreaker

Nope. No subtitles for some strange reason.

14. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that is an annoying feature on A&E DVD's, but, I discovered that you can have subtitles by turning them on through your TV menu if you want.

At least, that works on my TV.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I don't. By purchasing them long ago, I have been able to rewatch the show over and over and over again!

16. label

label Vice Admiral Admiral

Me too. I've rewatched the full series at least twice after I purchased the DVDs and watched the show when it aired originally and will be watching it again for the first time with my oldest daughter later this year. (She's 16).

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It has been a good 5 years since I rewatched the series in full, but I love having the DVDs because I can watch some of my favorite episodes. I have also used my DVDs to introduce several people to the show. Without those DVDs, I wouldn't have been able to convert new Scapers!

Two of my friends from high school were watching it with me over the winter holidays starting a few years ago. They love it, but it's been almost 2 years since we've been able to do it. They're so close to the end, and I refuse to let them watch it without me. Every once in a while they'll send me a message about how they really need to find out who Aeryn's baby belongs, and then I lay a guilt trip about them not making time for me over the holidays.

18. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I got mine in the mail already yesterday! Yeah!

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

So begins the great Farscape renaissance.

20. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Still waiting for my set to come. Damn overseas shipping. :(