Exploring the Uncharted Territories: A Farscape Viewing Experience

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Dec 22, 2010.

1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I would argue those two collections count as day-to-day. :p

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Do the comics take place after the miniseries?

3. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Except the Uncharted Territories D'Argo trilogy.

5. bigdaddy

Good, I don't like prequels, I find them useless. I'll try to get the sequel comics later, after I get the miniseries. :lol:

6. bigdaddy

I just watch an interview with Zaan. I can't believe she never talked to the creators about how the make up was making her sick! She is my favorite character, and all they would have needed to do is write an episode explaining why she has hair and eye brows now!

7. Bonzo the Fifth

Bonzo the Fifth Commander Red Shirt

Apparently, Wayne Pygram was having the same problem with the Scorpius getup, but he managed to tough it out till the end... of course, he didn't have nearly as much constant screen time as Zhaan did, which probably helped a lot with that....

8. HighteeHeller

HighteeHeller Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I miss this thread. :(

The friend i lent the series to finished it all in under 3 weeks. He doesnt have the PK wars. hahaha.

9. label

label Vice Admiral Admiral

I think one of us needs to go sit in the auroura chair, get our mind wiped, watch the series again fresh and post in this thread so we can relive the show vicariously through someone else. :) I volunteer me. ;)

10. HighteeHeller

HighteeHeller Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Wouldn't that be great?

Now i have to live vicariously through others. Not as good as seeing it for the first time, but it is kinda fun watching someone else get hooked.

11. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Something I'm noticing this watch through- am I the only one who is a tiny bit annoyed by the bit during the opening where John's voice over says "I got shot through a wormhole" and the accompanying footage is of Moya coming out of Starburst? Come on now, that's not even a wormhole! Or John's ship. :p (I'm not sure it was intended that way, but I find it kind of amusing)

I'm up to mid-season 2 at this point. Just finished "Won't Get Fooled Again", great episode. I think the gradual Scorpius/Harvey reveal throughout the season was done very well.

12. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sounds like me -- I finished the series last weekend; took less than three weeks to get through the whole thing. Now I just need to find a copy of The Peacekeeper Wars.

I'm not gonna wait two years just to experience how the rest of you suffered, though. :p

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Now that you're done with the show, I have no idea what to say.

14. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

I actually do a killer Scorpius impression. It scares my Scaper friends.

It scares my non-Scaper friends all the more, though.

15. DS9Continuing

DS9Continuing Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or is it....?

<dun-dun-duuuuuunnnn>

I'd say there's some evidence that Moya's starburst ability is wormhole related....

Just like Chiana's future-seeing abilities depend on alternate timelines, such as those created by unrealized realities...

And Zhaan's concept of 'centre halos' as described in "The Locket" are exactly the same thing as Unrealized Realities, and she said that high-level Delvian Pa'us can sense and even control them, also as demonstrated in "The Locket"...

And Noranti's third eye opens up and glows a different colour when wormhole and/or timeline wackiness is afoot...

And the very next episode after the Ancients implant wormhole knowledge in Crichton involves a transdimensional entity not unlike a certain Einstein, reached by way of Starburst going wrong...

The fact is there's been a lot of playing about with these concepts right from the beginning of the show, as well as subtle hints that some of the races out there have certain connections to the whole timeline-wormholes-realities stuff...

16. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall a CGI-animated Rygel showing up as early as the first season (only, though, when necessary for the shot).

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I believe there was one in "Exodus from Genesis" as Rygel is walking into the Monarch's nest.

18. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I had completely forgotten about that one. It must not have been as badly done as this one was, because the one in PKW was horrible.

19. bigdaddy

So I finally got the miniseries, so some thoughts.

Wow... they shoved a lot into that. I would have loved to see season 5 with the main characters dead longer and Chiana being blind longer. I really wish we saw those two months and the build up more.

That mini recap down by John was completely pointless. Like there is anyone watching the movie who hasn't seen the show.

CGI Rygel was HORRIBLE! :lol:

Sikazu's new haircut was... weird.

"Honey...
    What?!?!
    You are pointing a gun at the baby."

Speaking of the baby. The baby went from a crystal to growing in Rygel without being remade. Plot hole.

Jool's death was lame.

"We are cursed... Everything we touch."

"You don't know what you are doing.
    Never do."

Einstein on the iceberg is always awesome.

Was what's her name (the bad guy peacekeeper) pregnant in real life or did they make her so that way at the end she would have peace for the children?

D'Argo's son was a nice surprise. I wish we could have shoved Zhaan into it somehow.

Pilot's voice seems off. I guess after two years he forgot how to do it the same way. :lol:

The Scarran's seemed weaker than they did in the TV show.

Moya coming out of the ocean was beautiful, much better than the Rygel part. :)

It wasn't really a wormhole weapon but more a black hole weapon.

D'Argo's death! I didn't see that coming. He will be missed.

Does anyone know the budget of the miniseries? I'm curious to how much it cost in regards to how much an episode cost.

20. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

I noticed this too. Some other differences I noticed-
    The pilot's chamber set was different (maybe lost after the series ended).
    The Scorpius makeup was significantly different, particularly the skin tone which at times appeared to be nearly white as compared to the beige/gray of the series. (series, movie)
    The Rygel puppet was different (this was an improvement).

Also if you watch the miniseries immediately after the end of the series like I did both times the change in appearance of some of the cast is a little jarring. Ben Browder got thin. Thin!

I just finished my second watch through about a month ago and I still love this series. It seems wildly original to me and I wish there was more of it. The first half of season 4 is farbot though ... I still can't place whats quite wrong there, I thought it was the splitting up of the characters but there's something else going on. Maybe just too many wacky type storylines in a row.