The "what are you working on?" Art thread.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Venardhi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Well done!

2. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

unstoppable!

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Congrats! Q'pla! :D

4. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Sid Haig not included--oh wait--that was the other dragonship...

5. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Congrats!

Your illustration looks amazing!:D

6. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm trying to get a better handle on Illustrator through an online college course. This was my assignment last week: making a robot from a company called "Illustrator Robotics."

[​IMG]

Here was another Illustrator doodle from a couple weeks ago wherein I tried to replicate the style of "Archer" while drinking heavily in the wee hours:

[​IMG]
    (the background is from a screencap of the show)

7. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Those are great!

8. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Some amazing stuff in this thread! :)

9. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Sid Haig wants his ship back

10. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

That is freakin' cool!! :techman:

In addition to a lot of crazy good work in this thread.

11. somebuddyX

somebuddyX Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I've been working on a little project I've been working on and off. I was trying to imagine what TNG would look like if done as an episode of Star Trek in the 60s. None of the asset are mine, lots of stuff from sharecg (This is my first image post, pls let me know if I did something wrong)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  12. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

My current WIP.

Using some of Matt Jeferies conceptual sketches (as he worked towards a final design for the TOS E) as a starting point I'm working on a design for a starship dating from the first half of the 22nd century (approx. 2120s-'40s).

[​IMG]

This is meant to be one of the first "modern" starships that evolved out of the ringship designs. It's meant to be about 405 ft. L.O.A. and 16 decks thick in the main hull. It's meant to be one of the first deep space exploratory starships from a relatively brief period of exploration before the outbreak of the Earth/Romulan War.

This particularly vessel is the United Earth Space Ship Constellation--a vessel with a distinguished service record in an era where ships not returning was not uncommon. More than a century later in the 23rd century the starship NCC-1017 would be christened Constellation in honour of its early predecessor.

Although considered antiquated by mid to late 23rd century standards the Constellation NC-517 was one of the most advanced ships in operation in its day. Its operational authority was the United Earth Space Probe Agency.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Working on making new starship parts using the Capt. Shade on Dev Arts starship bits.

14. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Interesting project. Where do you found this Enterprise? Looks like something that would como from Ptrope, but I´m not sure....

15. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Looks advanced for the era- looks way more advanced than the Daedalus class which would come late in the 22nd century.

16. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

^^ I'm working on a Daedalus type design as the successor to this because I think the design as seen on DS9 (on Sisko's desk) looks horrible like they just used the basic Matt Jefferies' sketch as the final concept without bothering to massage it into something decent looking.

That and the fact I completely ignore ENT and whatever it did. Hell, the NX-01 looks more advanced than the Daedalus and the NX-01 is supposed to predate the design. How's that for consistency with supposed continuity?

17. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Yeah. I always thought they were being lazy when they came up with the Daedalus Class.

18. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

I kinda like the DS9 Horizon model. I dig its simplicity and ungainliness. As though it was built with the mission first in mind and esthetic considerations a distant second. Whenever people try to redesign it, I dunno, sometimes they look cool, but so often it just looks tarted up.

I really like this version you've concocted, specifically because it does not try too hard to emulate the cannon Daedalus. It still seems simple, clean and practical.

--Alex

19. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

This is the MJ concept sketch that gave me the idea for my Constellation design. I basically took the suspended aft section and made it into another nacelle.

[​IMG]

20. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dinking around with Sketchup on my take on the Aurora. Will post something if I can get it to a presentable state. :lol: