Smallville Summer Hiatus Thread III (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 20, 2010.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

More like "Ye Olde Kryptonian Bed & Breakfast."

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Holy cripes with the Jesus thing going on with Tom there!!!! I thought I was told to keep my shirt on. So this is the stud that all the female legion of Smallville fans swarm to and can't get enough of and take offense at any criticism projected his way? Wow...

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

that picture was posted in last years hiatus thread.

So he either recovered or hid his hippy appearance quite well this season.

But then they hid the pregnancies of the entire female cast of How i met your mother last year.

tactically placed cushions and pressure cookers.

did we like Lana on Chuck?

Did it seem odd watching her act "near" another Superman?

Do we wonder if they talked and compared since they both worked with a "Lois"?

4. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Just drop in anytime. We'll keep the light on for you.

:devil:

5. Admiral_Young

I must have glanced over that part of last year's thread then if it was in it...I don't remember seeing it. It's also possible I had it blocked from my memory until now.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I think Smallville should mirror S1 for S10...but in reverse...Start with a Crisis( :lol: ) and end with similar themes as the show began with which kinda fit with Clark becoming Superman. I may need to flesh this out more...but in my mind it adds up. :lol:

7. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Should Clark be strung-up Jesus-like in the finale?

Or maybe he should find some other poor sap and help him down.

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Yes. And Lex should help him down...fans will love it. :lol:

9. Guy Gardener

Clark should die in the final episode.

This tv show cannot honestly be heading towards "Superman".

And then the responsibility for saving the world falls on Chloes shoulders.

However, the last season, should be using the same framework as the Indiana Jones Chronicles.

Superman (Played by Jeffery Dean Morgan) telling stories about when he was a kid.

Screw Welling, tell some stories about a nine year old with superspeed who can leap over tall barns in a single bound.

I am super pissed they didn't get those kids back who played young Clark and Chloe from a couple years back.

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I saw on another board...

Chloe becomes a Green Lantern!!!

How cool would that be!?!?

Of course that was just a wish of a fan. :(

11. Admiral_Young

I still want them to do a Green Lantern episode and now that they showed us Alan Scott with his ring I don't see why we can't have an episode with aspiring pilot Hal Jordan after all J'onn said there were forces out there beyond Kal's understand or some such it's time to introduce the Green Lantern Corps! There's probably a damn embargo on "Green Lantern" now though thanks to next summer's movie. He's the character I've most wanted to see outside of Bruce and Diana.

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I never understood the embargoes on other DC characters...I mean if WB is involved...why not? It isn't like it would hurt. Batman on Smallville is doable and so is Wonder Woman...and the genie is out of the bottle with Alan Scott & GL's...this is the type of thing that turns fans off. If there is no Bruce or Diana on Smallville it is a huge error by TBTB concerning these characters. JMHO.

[edit] The Superman stuff that couldn't be done because of SR was for nothing really...they got to do it anyway and it didn't hurt anything.

13. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

As a business decision the embargo is just terrible.

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    It really is...there are people who are fans of Smallville who know nothing about comics and certain mythos and when the show has these other characters and explores the mythos...the non-comic book fans become interested.

15. Guy Gardener

There are fans of Smallville who do not know they still make or ever made Superman Comics.

16. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I still think it would be neat if Chlo was chosen by the Helmet of Nabu to become the next Dr. Fate. This would be in keeping with what Fate said to her upon meeting her, and it might also fit in with the Legion finding no record of Chloe in their history.

Then again, you could say all of the above is just the wish of a fan.

:lol:

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    That would be cool too...but TPTB at Smallville are stupid. I have no faith in the writers now...I just watch and enjoy the train-wreck. :lol:

18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Clark has absorbed too much Kryptonite.

He uses the Fortress to visit all the people he's met.

Clark limps back home while triumphant music plays

Chloe- This song is ending.....but the story never ends....

Clark explodes in the Kent house

Brandon Routh- LEG'S! I've still got legs!

19. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Good ending!

:techman:

20. Admiral_Young

Guy is correct about Smallville fans not knowing about the mythology outside of the series. Indeed they have a very basic rudimentary knowledge about Superman if even that.

I think it's silly that we've not got the other two members of DC's Trinity because of the embargo. How is that going to prevent people from enjoying those movies any better or worse? Most comic book fans know that Smallville is basically an alternate universe anyway and has done a drastic different take on the mythology. Who the fuck cares if it contradicts what is in a movie? I don't think having Bruce on Smallville would affect the box office of Batman 3...if anything I think it would generate higher interest for both properties. DC is stupid and thinks we're all idiots just like all other studio executives do. I'm sorry I went off on another rant but this embargo business is a sore subject with me.