Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old January 20 2014, 11:30 PM   #166
Galekarens
Commander

Re: Star Trek Voyager: Protectors by Kirsten Beyer, Jan 2014!

Defcon wrote: View Post
That's pretty common. For some reason amazon.de is always among the first to have the ST books in store (at least a certain number of them). Some australian stores have although been pretty quick in the last year or so IIRC.
Well, any other Germany residing members here who are interested in this book (Voy. Protectors) here's your chance to get a Trek novel before probably most of the rest of us (envy, envy), lol!
Galekarens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21 2014, 07:22 AM   #167
Galekarens
Commander

PS have just got a report this book is available at a B&N store near the east coast of USA, so since I have to go out Tuesday anyway, I'll be checking my local B&N store(s) too (even tho it's only going to be 10degreesF lol, hopefully I'll get lucky). This is earlier than TET was first found in the USA (the Weds. evening before I believe) so how about that, heh.

Last edited by Galekarens; January 21 2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old January 21 2014, 10:19 PM   #168
roseake
Ensign

I'm heading into the city this weekend, so I'll have a look in our Waterstones. Although I'm doubtful, I was surprised it even stocked Eternal Tide! But if Germany already has it then there's a chance we do too, so it won't hurt to check.
But only another week to go, I'm so excited!

EDIT: I just read on their website that they aren't due the publication for another couple of months??? I'll look but I'm holding no hopes.
-I nearly had a heart attack when I read '51 days until publication'.

Last edited by roseake; January 21 2014 at 10:35 PM.
roseake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21 2014, 11:46 PM   #169
JD
Admiral

^I thought there usually was a delay between when the books came out here and when they came out in Europe?
Old January 22 2014, 12:29 AM   #170
tomswift2002
Fleet Captain

I just received my copy in the mail yesterday. I'm currently reading another book, but I definitely want to read this.
tomswift2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2014, 01:00 AM   #171
roseake
Ensign

JD wrote: View Post
^I thought there usually was a delay between when the books came out here and when they came out in Europe?
That's usually true but Amazon has had the 28th January as the release date for the ebook for some time now, the paperback is released on the 30th. I guess this series has become big enough for us to have the same date as the US! Waterstones is our main bookshop chain but unless it's a mainstream book (eg. The Hunger Games) then it can't hold a candle to Amazon in terms of releases.

Amazon had better be right, I can't wait another two months!!!

Anyways, if Germany has it early then I'll look this weekend but like I said: I'm holding no hopes.
roseake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2014, 01:06 AM   #172
Markonian
Captain

Slightly off-topic, but the German publisher Cross Cult shared their designs for the Spirit Walk duology.

https://www.facebook.com/startrekrom...?stream_ref=10

For those not on Facebook, err... Just wait for the release.
Old January 22 2014, 01:59 AM   #173
Galekarens
Commander

LOL well I got it, yes at my local B&N in Midwest USA, so how about that. Someone else on FB told me he called 3 B&Ns in his area (in Massachusetts) and the first 2 he was told there had indeed been 4 copies in the store, but they were gone already (?!). But the 3rd one that guy called still had 2 left so they are holding one for him. Where I got mine there were 2 so one left, as of an hour ago lol. Anyway, I'm trying to re-read The Eternal Tide all the way through so now have lots to read (besides the last 2 Fall books too, yikes)!
Old January 22 2014, 09:17 AM   #174
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan

roseake wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
That's usually true but Amazon has had the 28th January as the release date for the ebook for some time now, the paperback is released on the 30th. I guess this series has become big enough for us to have the same date as the US! Waterstones is our main bookshop chain but unless it's a mainstream book (eg. The Hunger Games) then it can't hold a candle to Amazon in terms of releases.

Amazon had better be right, I can't wait another two months!!!

Anyways, if Germany has it early then I'll look this weekend but like I said: I'm holding no hopes.
Have you spoken to your local Waterstones and asked if they'll get any in, the Bath branch hasn't had any of the Fall novels in and as I understand it, Bath and Derby are comparable in size.

The Book Depository are always good for getting the books either on release day over the pond or a few days later, that's who I used to order mine from before I switched over to my Nook.

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2014, 09:52 PM   #175
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

Markonian wrote: View Post
Slightly off-topic, but the German publisher Cross Cult shared their designs for the Spirit Walk duology.

https://www.facebook.com/startrekrom...?stream_ref=10

For those not on Facebook, err... Just wait for the release.
That is some great art. I hate floating heads, but they've managed to do enough of the body to not make it look corny.
Old January 23 2014, 10:17 PM   #176
Captain Kathryn
Commodore

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

I read the Spirit Walk novels (well all the relaunch novels). They weren't bad. But all of Golden's books have a very particular format that I got a bit tired of.

I cant wait until my Protectors ebook unlocks...I have a feeling I wont be able to get it before 1/28. :/