"Requiem for Methuselah" Line-by-Line

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by LeadHead, Aug 16, 2010.

1. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Welcome to the Thread!

We've had a whirlwind of a time recently with the line-by-lines, I'm hoping things are gonna stabilize at least for now.
    Ordinarily our benevolent leader, CoveTom, would be posting this, but he has recently become busy, so I'm starting this round. Hopefully, he'll return soon. In the meantime, we've got an episode to do!

After each completed thread, I'm randomly picking someone who participated to choose the next episode we do. The lucky winner this time around was Orac! And Orac has chosen "Requiem for Methuselah" as our next line-by-line adventure!

For any unfamiliar with our "game," you are asked to post only a single line (defined as one character speaking without interruption by another character) per message. You can post as often as you like, but someone else must post a line in between your posts.

As before, at the conclusion of this thread, I will pick someone at random from among all the participants to choose the next episode we do.

Enjoy!

2. LeadHead

Captain's Log: Stardate 5843.7. The Enterprise is in the grip of a raging epidemic. Three crewmen have died and twenty three others have been struck down with Rigelian Fever. In order to combat the illness, Doctor McCoy needs large quantities of Ryetalyn, which is the only known antidote for the fever. Our sensors have picked up sufficient quantities of pure Ryetalyn on a small planet in the Omega System. We are beaming down to secure this urgently needed material.

3. leandar

leandar Vice Admiral Admiral

Kirk: Report.

4. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

MCCOY: Jim, there's a large deposit bearing two seven three, four kilometers away. I've got four hours to process that stuff, otherwise the epidemic will be irreversible. Everybody on board the Enterprise will ...

5. LeadHead

Spock: Strange. Readings indicate a life form in the vicinity, apparently human. Yet, ship's sensors indicated this planet was uninhabited.

6. leandar

Kirk: Let's get that ryetalyn. (A strange device comes traveling through the air towards them. A bit like Nomad, but much smaller and with more round bits. It fires an energy beam at the landing party's feet. They try to fire their phasers.) Inoperative! (The device fires again, and closes in.)

7. LeadHead

Flint: Do not kill.

8. JanewayRulz!

(The device backs away and a silver-haired man in sort of doublet and hose approaches)

KIRK: I'm Captain James Kirk

9. leandar

Flint: I know who you are. I have monitored your ship since it entered this system.

10. JanewayRulz!

KIRK: Then if you know who we are, you know why we're here, Mister?

11. leandar

Flint: Flint. You will leave my planet, sir.

12. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Spock: You say, your planet, sir?

13. leandar

Flint: My retreat from the unpleasantness of life on Earth, and the company of people.

14. LeadHead

Flint: My retreat from the unpleasantness of life on Earth, and the company of people.

15. Orac

Kirk: Mister Flint, I have a sick crew up there, we can't possibly reach another planet in time, you can't refuse us the Ryetalin!

16. leandar

Flint: You're trespassing, Captain.

17. LeadHead

Kirk: We're in need! We'll pay for it, work for it, trade for it.

18. leandar

Flint: You have nothing I want.

19. Orac

Kirk: But you have the Ryetalin that we need! If necessary we'll take it.

20. leandar

Flint: If you do not leave voluntarily, I have the power to force you to leave or kill you where you stand.

Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. It's five year mission: To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no man has gone before.