Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

Hello all.

I am Brit (as in Admiral Brit Bandar, captain of the starship Unity, and no it isn't in the Trek universe.)

I am an old lady who has been a Trek fan since the first broadcast of the first Episode of the Original Series. My mom actually introduced me to science fiction back in the fifties when I was about ten and I've been reading it ever since. My daughter and I have a house together; she is also a big Trek fan. Right now she plays around with Poser and I write fan fiction.

I am also a devoted fan of "Darkover" and we both are fans of Jacqueline Lichtenberg's Simi-Gen universe.

We have one cat, a house full of books and sometimes I draw. So I thought I would post a picture that I drew for my daughter because she likes Roses.

http://www.jceternal.com/rosedrawsmall.jpg

Brit

2. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ Welcome to the Voyager board. :)

I love the picture. I wish I had the patience to draw like that!

3. leola

leola Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello all.

I'm new to the board. I've been a fan of Star Trek since I was old enough to watch TOS with my brother in reruns, was a huge TNG fan but not so much DS9. I missed ST:V altogether with young kids, but rediscovered both DS9 and esp ST:V about 3 years ago.

I'm a huge Janeway fan but even more of a Janeway/Chakotay fan. :) I love all the main characters of ST:V, and both read and write fanfic, mostly with a Janeway/Chakotay bent.

I look forward to many great discussions.

4. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ Welcome to our little corner of the Voyager universe. Any questions or praise come to me. Any complaints or problems go to my co-mod akiraprise...

...oops, I was having a Voyager ("In the Flesh") moment there! :D

5. MilitantJaneway

MilitantJaneway Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi all. Joined in response to the discussion in treklit, hence my screen name-the fan bit would not fit-so I guess I will be militantjaneway. Nice to meet all you Janeway and J/C fans.

6. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

hello militantjaneway, glad to see you. I like your nick.

Brit

7. scottydog

scottydog Admiral Admiral

Welcome, new members! We look forward to hearing your viewpoints on this board :)

8. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

thank you scottydog, I for one appreciate it very much.

Brit

Who is trying to get fifty posts so she can use her new avatar

9. leola

leola Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thank you kimc, Brit and scottydog. And welcome, militantjaneway!

10. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Another noob. Bring out "the comfy chair"!

;)

11. Semah

Semah Commander Red Shirt

Poke her with the soft cushions!

12. Voyager Fan

Voyager Fan Cadet Newbie

Well, I joined for the same reason as MilitantJaneway, and to show that there are more than just a "few" Janeway and/or Voyager Fans out there :techman:.

Am a trek fan since the first airing of Star Trek Enterprise, but my love belongs to Voyager.

Voyager Fan

13. Mriana

Mriana Lieutenant Red Shirt

Guess I should introduce myself. I'm Mriana. I do write Imzadi, J/C, P/C, and other Trek fanfic, as well as non-fiction stuff. I've been a fan since 1966, so to speak. I watched it when TOS came out a few months later on my mother's lap.

I have two grown sons and three cats. Not sure what else to say about myself.

14. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

Hi Mriana welcome. I'm glad to see you here.

Brit

15. Mriana

Mriana Lieutenant Red Shirt

:) Hi Brit. Glad to be here.

16. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Welcome to everyone. More comfy chairs! ;)

17. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I'm not exactly new...I've posting here (on an extremely irregular basis) for a while now...but I just wanted to post in this thread because I, too, really like Voyager, and I thought it would be nice to mention this to people who could be trusted not to then tell me how much they dislike Voyager. I'm pretty tired of that, to be honest, and I imagine I'm not the only one.

Not a fan of Janeway/Chakotay, though. I mean, I like both characters a lot, but not as a couple. Too incestuous, if you ask me.

I like all the Trek TV shows except Enterprise (I tried, and I didn't hate it, but I just never could get into it), but I don't really care for the movies (ditto). A couple of them were pretty good, but mostly I found them a disappointment. Anyway, although I love most of the Trek shows, there was always something special about Voyager.

I'm writer -- non-fiction articles, primarily -- which is why I still, you know, capitalize and use proper punctuation and try to spell things correctly and practice other apparently outmoded conventions of written English. And one of the things I like about this site is that a lot of other people do that too. Yay!

18. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ Welcome. :)

19. Tay

Tay Ensign Red Shirt

I've decided to join after checking out the site. I've been here numerous times before, reading the various threads and getting a feel for the site in general.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone :)

Tay

20. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

^ Welcome.

We're going to need to stock up on more coffee...

;)