New Indiana Jones score CDs coming...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by tharpdevenport, Sep 3, 2008.

1. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Boxed set biled as "The Complete Soundtracks Collection", is coming as a boxed set due November 11, as I recall reading. From the same label wh brought you the new Indy film score (Concord).

2. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yay, I love the Indy movies! But will these only be available in the boxed set, or will they be available individually too? I'd really only want to get Temple of Doom (which I don't have) and Last Crusade (which I felt was lacking somewhat).

3. S. Gomez

S. Gomez Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is this going to be a repackaging of the previous soundtrack discs, or is it actually going to be the complete scores?

4. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Complete scores, so it's being said. News is still "breaking" on it.

5. msbae

msbae Commodore

Hpw much will this box set cost?

Will it include the music that played in the scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark that played whenever the ark was mentioned or on screen?

6. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool, I've wanted a "Complete" Last Crusade for awhile now. I have some recordings of music not on the official CD, and they're... okay, I guess, but something CD quality would be great.

7. S. Gomez

S. Gomez Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So where did you hear about this, Tharpdevenport? Is there a link you could give us?

8. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

If it's really complete, I'm getting it. I don't have Temple of Doom at all, and Last Crusade was missing a TON of music. Even the extended Raiders album wasn't complete.

Will this also include the (mostly underwhelming, IMO) Kingdom of the Crystal Skull soundtrack?

9. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, sweet deal! I'll have to keep an eye out for that!

10. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

A trusted source informed me today that the scores for Raiders, Temple, and Crusade will all be "expanded," however that for Kingdom will not.

11. Brikar99

That's too bad... and kind of lame.

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I just wish they'd leave of the Kingdom score entirely. It's pretty well represented on album, and it's being put out by the same label. I'd love the other three scores, and will probably buy this, but I hate to double dip.

Oh, well. The price I pay.

13. I hope this is a sign that the complete soundtracks to the last 2 Star Wars prequels will come down the pipe at some point sooner rather than later.

14. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As a long-time Williams fan I have to say that I'm actually quite happy with the releases so far. I got the extended Raiders score back when it was released and own the Temple of Doom, Last Crusade and skull scores.
    While there may be music missing, I find that all the albums are great listens, working very well as wholes, so I don't think I'll be reinvesting. I mean, never say never, but at this stage...

15. MyCylon

16. Brikar99

And hopefully more reminiscent of the original trilogy releases than the "Ultimate" edition for Episode I.

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The press release says the soundtracks are "expanded," which doesn't necessarily mean "complete." The title "The Complete Soundtracks Collection" could mean that the overall collection is complete in the sense of containing the scores to all four movies, not necessarily that each individual soundtrack is comprehensive.

As for why KotCS wasn't "expanded," I'd guess it's because the previous three scores were originally released on LP, a format that could hold only about 45 minutes of music, while the fourth movie was originally released on CD, a format that can hold about 70 minutes of music. So the KotCS soundtrack release probably wasn't abridged to begin with, at least not to the same extent the originals were.

18. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice. I am totally getting this. I only own that highlights compilation CD that was released a few years ago (and then re-released for Indy 4). Granted, I already own the Indy 4 soundtrack, so hopefully these CDs will be released individually as well as a box set. Probably not, but I can hope. If worse comes to worse, I can e-bay my extra Indy 4 copy or give it to a friend.

19. Indysolo

Indysolo Commodore Commodore

I don't expect any of the scores on this to be complete. The complete score for Raiders runs about 83 minutes and the sequel scores are even longer. Also the re-use fees for the sequels (they were all recorded in Los Angeles) will be very expensive. Raiders was recorded in London where the pay structure is different.

It'll be nice that this music is back in print, but I'm not expecting a comprehensive collection like Superman - The Music.

Neil

20. MyCylon